Contract: Manufacturing Engineering Team Lead / IrelandClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
The client has an exciting new opportunity for a Manufacturing Engineering Team Lead based in Limerick on an initial 12-month contract with the view to extension thereafter.
The Manufacturing Engineering Team Lead (METL) is responsible for managing a phase (multiple production lines) to ensure critical metrics are met and to ensure a consistent and effective handover to the next team/shift. A technical qualification (minimum of Level 6 major award) is a requirement for this role.
- The METL leads a team of technicians from entry and training, to developing technical skill of individuals to compliment resources of the business unit/phase
· Manages technical issues & ensures plans in place/operation to address issues
· Day to day People Management and on-the-job feedback given to technicians -resulting in consistent feedback through to performance evaluations
· Follows through on all basics such as Focus lines /shift handovers / housekeeping / performance of shift
· Develops training plans for new and established technicians
· Identify and lead Cost and Technical Improvements under the departments' continuous improvement program.
· Provide key inputs and leadership into ground- breaking process developments.
· Project Management - provide timely and accurate reporting on project activities.
· Lead New Product Introductions & Product Transfers
· Lead or actively participate in multi- functional teams to ensure New Product Introduction/Research and Development projects are completed in a timely and efficient manner; always practicing good teamwork in support of operating requirements.
· Demonstrate strong leadership and a clear identifiable work ethos within the team.
· Develop and maintain a Behavioural Standards based culture within the group.
· Ensure effective closure on Quality System documents (Audit Actions, NCR's, CAPA's, Maps, etc).
· Ensure all process developments, New Production Innovations, etc. are led in accordance with the Quality management system.
· Implementation of safety/environmental requirements on purchase of all new equipment.
· Work with team leader to develop and implement strategic engineering Goals & Objectives.
· Support the implementation of all engineering and plant strategic initiatives
· All employees are responsible for minimizing both the Environmental and Health & Safety effects of the work that they perform.
· Be a leader on Site Safety by actively participating in the ERT team and related training.
- Minimum of a QQI Level 6 (completed apprenticeship) qualification in a Technical, Mechanical, Electrical, Electronic, Moulding, Automation or related discipline is required (e.g. Electricians, Motor Mechanics, Fitters, Plumbers, Engineers, refrigeration and aeronautical technicians among others) (Time served in a technical role may be taken into consideration if currently working towards a qualification)
· 5 + years' experience in a similar supervisory role
· Ability to demonstrate standards of leadership - Managing Complexity, Innovations, Customer Focus
· Project Management Skills / Experience with Lean Manufacturing processes/Six Sigma