Contract: Lead Software Engineer / USAClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
|Location:||Houston, Texas, USA|
- Perform tasks within the software engineering scope for various projects.
- Supervision of a small team of software engineers, as required.
- Regular reporting of individual project progress and resource status.
- Review and technical input of project plans.
- Identification of technical, schedule and commercial risks relating to software requirements.
- Assist the Supply Chain Management Function with procurement/sub-contract activities, including variation order requests.
- Preparation and review of requirements, design, interface and test documentation, within company and client defined contractual and quality requirements.
- Generation of work scope/definition and task lists within the software team.
- Provide technical support and guidance within the software team.
- Review of individual task solutions, ensuring cross-project standardization and resource optimization.
- Support of technical and project execution audits, both internal and external.
- Participation in project close-out and lessons learned activities.
- Engineering or Science based bachelor's degree or equivalent knowledge and experience.
- 3+ years software/electrical engineering work experience within an Oil & Gas controls environment.
- Proven automation (SCADA) experience with specific focus on PLC logic and HMI/GUI development.
- Knowledge of computer networking, including ethernet configuration.
- Core logic skills and experience, including data bit handling.
- Experience of interfacing with instrumentation over a variety of interfaces (for example, Pressure/Temperature/Flow sensors via Modbus/CAN bus/PROFIBUS/OPC).
- SQL/Database development experience.
- Mathematical knowledge to enable tasks such as data scaling/conversion of certain instrumentation data.
- Fundamental knowledge of the Software Life Cycle - (Requirements/Design/Implementation/Test/Review/Release/Maintainenance).
- Experience in successfully delivering small/large scale projects.
- Ability to travel as required at short notice.
- Solid interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong knowledge sharing and mentoring capabilities.
- Excellent report writing and presentation skills.
- Bachelor's or higher degree in Software/Electrical Engineering.
- 5+ years software/electrical engineering work experience within an Oil & Gas controls environment.
- Production Controls Systems knowledge.
- Offshore trained with current certifications (BOSIET-HUET/EBS).
- Product Lifecycle Management knowledge.
- Deep understanding of Subsea Topside architecture and an ability to translate that into a winning subsea offering.
- Excellent comprehension of software methodologies and development processes, with ownership of process improvements and quality.
How to Apply
© All rights reserved, 2001 - 2021