Contract: Machinery Head / QatarClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
The client in Qatar have a requirement for a Machinery Head, the role will be based onshore for a contract of at least 2 years.
The role requires experience in a major solids handling terminal export project.
Responsible for overseeing Machinery Engineering design and execution activities and oversee EPC Contractor in delivery of all aspects of Machinery design, equipment, technical and execution definition, including planning for detailed design, procurement, installation, testing and commissioning. Ensures machinery design activities (e.g. project specifications, data sheets, detailed design, design studies, commissioning procedures, etc.) are fully developed during EPC to comply with project technical and execution requirements.
Plans and supervises design, fabrication, installation, commissioning and start-up activities for all machinery scope. Provides guidance to EPC contractor to expedite key decisions to deliver machinery scope per project execution plans. There is a high degree of interfacing with other disciplines and groups to successfully develop the design and execution plans for machinery scope. Leverages SME support on major design or execution issues.
* Bachelor Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
Knowledge and/or Experience
* Extensive experience in machinery design, fabrication, installation and commissioning
* Experience in a major solids handling terminal export project and working in a project environment
* Experience working with EPC contractors
* Detailed knowledge of and experience with pumps, compressors
* Experience with Solids Handling Equipment desirable (coveysors, stackers, reclaimers, shiploaders, granulators)
Technical and Business Skills
* Excellent written and oral English skills.
* Strong organisational, planning and coordination skills.
* Strong technical, prioritisation and management skills.
* Good communication, influencing and interface skills.
* Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of software programs, etc.
If you meet the above criteria please apply by sending full CV.