Contract: Mechanical CAD Designer / USClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
|Location:||Waukegan, Illinois, US|
The client is looking for the best Mechanical CAD Designer for a 6 month project with a potential chance at extension based on performance to start immediately! Take a look below and apply if you think you have what it takes.
- Support Engineering Project Teams, in preparing CAD drawing and administering the CAD portion of projects per the Drawing Management Procedures & Standards. This will involve Facility, Utility, & Process related projects.
- Works in an independent manner under the guidance of a supervisor or technical lead. Assignments have clear and specified objectives and require the investigation of a limited number of variables. Examples of supporting assignments include: Facility, equipment or process design and development, preparation of specifications.
- Complies with applicable policies and procedures, regulatory and safety requirements.
- Exchanges information with project team members, designers, management, and other engineering or production personnel. Delivers recommendations and suggestions to project team members and management within the department.
- Participates and/or assists engineers in the design of facilities for optimal performance.
- Support Project Engineering to execute the Mechanical - HVAC / Plumping & Piping disciplines on small to medium sized office & laboratory facility projects
- Creation of construction drawings to be included in bid packages / RFP's to contractors
- High School / GED is required. Technical school completion / certification preferred.
- At least 6 years prior technical experience using AutoCAD in facility Electrical / Controls design
- Experience with AutoCAD 2016 & Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of basic regulatory requirements.
- Facility mechanical discipline experience in the following areas:
- Ability to manage a drawing through its lifecycle - Create, updated based on design reviews, and complete the as-built process, for mechanical discipline drawings for facilities including: Facility HVAC and Plumbing & Piping systems for animal care facilities, laboratories, clean rooms, warehouses, and office buildings.
- Mechanical system detailed design based on P&ID flow requirements. (Flow diagram from the discipline engineer to the detailed design by the designer)
- Ductwork & piping routing through existing facilities
- Ability to develop the Mechanical scope of work on projects
- Ability to perform preliminary estimates on projects when directed by Project Engineer
- Prior Pharmaceutical experience is preferred