Contract: I&C Head EPC 3 / QatarClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
The client are currently working on a role of I&C Engineering Head Position in Qatar
Leads Instrument & Control Engineering activities for Onshore Project, ensuring technical requirements (e.g. project specifications, data sheets, etc.) fully comply with project deliverables and standardised processes and are delivered to the highest standards. Steward Instruments & Controls engineering activities to ensure quality and timely delivery of Instruments & Controls engineering scope. Drive the EPC contractor by providing clear guidance and facilitating resolution to issues to complete Instruments & Controls engineering activities
* Ensure Instrument and Control (I&C) engineering activities are conducted in accordance with project specifications and approved variations if any. Accountable for a quality design of I&C engineering deliverables, including design safety aspects and execution planning of I&C field activities
* Drive work execution, ensuring technical alignment and quality with various disciplines stakeholders from both PMT and EPC Contractor. Provides guidance to EPC contractor to complete I&C design per project specifications in a timely manner and provides clear direction when project instructions or specifications are not clear
* Manage the Integrated Control and Safety Systems (ICSS) purchase order with the EPC Contractor and System Vendor in accordance with the roles and responsibilities given in the contract to ensure safe and seamless integration of the systems without any disturbance to the existing operating facilities.
* Drive Contractor to develop plans and work schedules that ensure effective completion of project activities and provide data (narrative, charts, graphs), change management recommendations and recovery plans to address any schedule delays for monthly progress and stewardship reporting.
* Support multi-discipline activities providing I&C expertise to other disciplines as necessary, in support of completing activities within schedule and making appropriate recommendations to management on I&C issues.
* Key effort to support interfacing between key vendors and EPC contractor to ensure quality and execution objectives are met.
* Provides field engineering support to construction and commissioning works to ensure field execution at site meets project plans.
Qualification & Experience
* Bachelor Degree in Instrument Engineering or equivalent
* 15 years' experience working in Instrument and Controls, in a Oil & LPG Storage & Loading project and gas industry having broad knowledge of engineering execution including design standards, specifications, codes, safety criteria, offshore facilities design, construction and operations.
* Previous knowledge of Brownfield engineering and execution is desired
* Requires demonstrated broad Instruments & Controls equipment and systems experience (Snyder DCS, Snyder Triconix SIS, Virtualization) and familiarity with relevant manufacturing processes and relevant industry codes