Contract: Senior Drilling Engineer - Digital / QatarClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
This position is primarily accountable for leading and delivering a project for Well Delivery Optimization by improving the ROP. This is a short-term project, where a rapid dive-in and hands on approach is required. The position is within the Drilling & Wells Method and Performance team; however, a close coordination and collaboration is required with Drilling Operational / Engineering / IS teams. Furthermore, this position is accountable for the whole lifecycle of the tool from scoping, implementation, testing, deployment and reporting for 4-5 drilling rigs. Profile will ensure that the output of the tool is adequately risk assessed and in compliance with drilling program, with a substantial focus on performance.
- Setup and implement the ROP optimization Digital Project aiming at getting in real time ROP sweet spots, while pursuing the DrillX stuck pipe prevention and early kick detection program
- Gain an in-depth understanding of drilling operations and engineering of ALS wells, gathering key insights that will shape the digital experience
- End-to-end ownership of the entire product lifecycle from ideation to release and lifecycle management
- Identify KPIs and use them as a cornerstone for team focus and priorities
- Work closely with designers and engineers to define and drive product vision and distill a product roadmap
- Refine product concepts derived from existing users pain points or jobs to be done into valuable and usable solution.
The job holder is responsible for delivering high quality inhouse Digital solution, in the context of a large and complex oilfield and of a multicultural standalone company. The wells are drilled in highly fractured formations, different reservoirs, total loss zones, which makes the drilling dynamic complex to analyze. The profile should actively contribute towards wells delivered in a safe and economical manner, which is a major driver for operational success.
Qualifications & Experience required:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Engineering.
- 8 - 12 years Drilling Engineering experience in ERD wells in offshore environment, 2-3 years offshore experience is a plus.
- Comprehensive understanding in drilling dynamics and mechanics is mandatory.
- Good communication skills in English.
- Mandatory training as per HSE training matrix
- IWCF Level 4 certified every 4 years as a minimum
- Experience in Data Management and real time monitoring systems.
- Prior experience in Digital Use Case development is expected.
- Knowledge of Lean and Agile software development (ideal, but not necessary)
- Experience with conducting user research, usability testing, rapid prototyping and analytics (ideal, but not necessary)
- Experience in coordinating with cross-functional teams and motivate them to go the extra mile
- Ability to influence at all levels of the organization