Contract: Sr. Machinery Engineer / QatarClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
The client has a requirement for a Senior Machinery Engineer, to be based onshore Qatar for approximately 2 years. LNG experience is a major plus.
The job holder will be responsible for overseeing Machinery Engineering design and execution activities, and will oversee EPC Contractor in delivery of all aspects of Machinery design, equipment, technical and execution definition, including planning for detailed design, procurement, installation, testing and commissioning.
Plans and supervises design, fabrication, installation, commissioning and start-up activities for all major project machinery scope. Provides guidance to EPC contractor to expedite key decisions to deliver machinery scope per project execution plans. There is a high degree of interfacing with other disciplines and groups to successfully develop the design and execution plans for machinery scope. Leverages SME support on major design or execution issues.
* Bachelor Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
* Extensive experience in machinery design, fabrication, installation and commissioning & start-up
* Experience in LNG projects and working in a Lump Sum project environment
* Experience working with EPC contractors
* Detailed knowledge of and experience with pumps, compressors, gas turbines, steam turbines, cryogenic pumps
* Excellent written and oral English skills.
* Strong organisational, planning and coordination skills.
* Strong technical, prioritisation and management skills.
* Good communication, influencing and interface skills.
* Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of software programs, etc.
If you meet the above criteria please apply by sending full CV via email.