Contract: Lead Electrical Engineer / QatarClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
The client are currently looking for Lead Electrical Engineer. Location of job will be in Qatar.
Responsible for overseeing Electrical Engineering activities Onshore LNG Projects, ensuring all technical requirements such as project specifications, data sheets, etc. are in full compliance with project requirements, standardised processes, and are delivered to the highest technical quality standards. Provide clear guidance to the EPC contractor and facilitate resolution of technical issues to complete electrical engineering activities to meet project objectives and milestones.
Job Context & Major Challenge(s)
* This position is responsible to ensure all technical activities associated with the electrical engineering discipline by the EPC contractor, and all third parties such as vendors, consultants, sub-contractors etc are executed to Project's specifications and requirements.
* This will involve technical evaluations, including risk- based evaluation of complex engineering issues, resolution of electrical related matters with significant project execution and/or commercial impact to ensure optimum outcomes that are meet technical and execution expectations.
* Large scale and high vlotage electrical power supply and demand requirements challenges
* Large motor drivers
* Required to contribute to other multi-disciplinary tasks whilst providing expertise in specialised/discipline area.
Key Job Accountabilities
Leads electrical engineering design and planning activities and ensures EPC contractor develops detailed design in accordance with local regulatory requirements, industry standards, project specifications and any approved variations.
1. Resolve electrical discipline issues to ensure engineering design addresses Project's expectations and objectives. Communicate and elevate issues before they escalate to Project Management when necessary.
2. Review technical aspects of electrical system purchase orders with EPC Contractor and vendors in accordance with the roles and responsibilities stated in applicable contract(s) to ensure safe and seamless integration of electrical systems to the existing operating facilities.
3. Assess discipline plans and work schedules to ensure effective completion of project activities and provide data (narrative, charts, graphs), change management recommendations and recovery plans to address any schedule delays.
4. Develop, update and amend design / project philosophies, specifications and procedures ensuring that all references to Electrical Engineering are current and relevant.
5. Monitor and provide guidance to EPC Contractor to ensure key discipline deliverables, progress/milestones are met. Recommend additional technical support where necessary to address gaps.
6. Coordinate and analyse discipline issues for resolution. Provide Electrical Engineering input to other engineering disciplines, construction, procurement etc as necessary. Support commissioning and system completing activities and make appropriate recommendations to management on electrical matters.
7. Plan and schedule Electrical Engineering deliverables to enable efficient execution in meeting project milestones/schedule
8. Leads brownfield interface coordination with OPCO to develop detailed design and execution plans to tie-in to existing systems.
9. Contribute to Safety analysis studies and provide the required input to support project management in key decisions making. Participate in sharing lessons learned, together with capturing current lessons learned to benefit future projects.
Part B: Person Specification - Minimum Requirements
* Bachelor Degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
Knowledge and/or Experience
* 15 years' experience of Electrical Engineering, preferably in a major LNG Projects. Broad knowledge of engineering execution including design standards, specifications, codes, safety criteria
* Onshore LNG facilities design, c\ommissioning and operations would be advantageous.
* Requires demonstrated broad Electrical equipment and systems experience (HV/MV/LV electrical systems design, transformers, switchgear, power management systems, electrical system controls and large Motors, 10MW+) and familiarity with relevant manufacturing processes and relevant industry codes
* Experience with large Variable Frequency Drives would be beneficial
* High voltage and large-scale onshore power design requirements.
* Brownfield engineering and execution knowledge an advantage.
* Technical and Business Skills Excellent written and oral English skills.
* Strong technical and discipline management skills.
* Good organisational, planning and coordination skills.
* Good communication, influencing and interface skills.
* Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of software programs, etc.