Contract: Senior I&C Engineer / QatarClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
The client are currently looking for Senior I&C Engineer. Location of job will be in Qatar.
* Job Purpose Leads Instrument & Control Engineering activities for Onshore Project, ensuring technical requirements (e.g. project specifications, data sheets, etc.) fully comply with project deliverables and standardised processes and are delivered to the highest standards. Steward Instruments & Controls engineering activities to ensure quality and timely delivery of Instruments & Controls engineering scope. Drive the EPC contractor by providing clear guidance and facilitating resolution to issues to complete Instruments & Controls engineering activities.
Job Context & Major Challenge(s)
* This role requires strong leadership to drive the contractor to efficiently execute the I&C scope of work. There are brownfield elements to this scope which will require interfacing and alignment with to tie-in into existing systems.
* Medium size Instruments & Controls scope, must be a strong communicator and team player, interacts closely with other discipline engineers to complete multi-discipline engineering activities.
* Required to contribute to other multi-disciplinary tasks whilst providing expertise in specialised area
* Drive coordination and decision making with MICC vendor
* Financial Dimension As defined for this job level in the Delegation of Authority and/or approved budget.
Key Job Accountabilities (Max 10, each unique, exclude generic)
* Ensure Instrument and Control (I&C) engineering activities are conducted in accordance with project specifications and approved variations if any. Accoutable for a quality design of I&C engineering deliverables, including design safety aspects and execution planning of I&C field activities
* Drive work execution, ensuring technical alignment and quality with various disciplines stakeholders from both PMT and EPC Contractor. Provides guidance to EPC contractor to complete I&C design per project specifications in a timely manner and provides clear direction when project instructions or specifications are not clear
* Manage the Integrated Control and Safety Systems (ICSS) purchase order with the EPC Contractor and System Vendor in accordance with the roles and responsibilities given in the contract to ensure safe and seamless integration of the systems without any disturbance to the existing operating facilities.
* Drive Contractor to develop plans and work schedules that ensure effective completion of project activities and provide data (narrative, charts, graphs), change management recommendations and recovery plans to address any schedule delays for monthly progress and stewardship reporting.
* Support multi- discipline activities providing I&C expertise to other disciplines as necessary, in support of completing activities within schedule and making appropriate recommendations to management on I&C issues.
* Key effort to support interfacing between key vendors and EPC contractor to ensure quality and execution objectives are met.
* Provides field engineering support to construction and commissioning works to ensure field execution at site meets project plans.
Knowledge and/or Experience
* 15 years' experience working in Instrument and Controls, in an Oil & gas industry project having broad knowledge of engineering execution including design standards, specifications, codes, safety criteria, offshore facilities design, construction and operations.
* I&C design for LNG and related utilities and execution experience
* Requires demonstrated broad Instruments & Controls equipment and systems experience (Snyder DCS, Snyder Triconix SIS, Virtualization) and familiarity with relevant manufacturing processes and relevant industry codes
* Experience with smart JB technology is desired
* Pre-comm/Comm experience is desired
* Technical and Business Skills Excellent written and oral English skills.
* Strong organisational, planning and coordination skills.
* Strong technical, prioritisation and management skills.
* Strong communication, influencing and interface skills.
* Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of software programs, Lotus Notes, etc.
SHE Understanding (X) Quality/Quantity of Work (X)
Ethics and Integrity (X) Planning and Organizing (X)
Trust and Empowerment (X) Initiative/Commitment (X)
Teamwork/Supporting Others (X) Interpersonal Skills (X)
Communication and Information Sharing (X)
Service Orientation (X)
Innovation (X) Problem Solving (X)
Job Knowledge (X) Supervising Others (X)