Contract: Packaging Engineer / US
|Location:||Waukegan, Illinois, US|
The Packaging Engineer will work within the Packaging & Device Engineering Center of Excellence organization to support packaging needs of new and existing products and programs. The individual will work at a SME (Subject Matter Expert) level involving development and design of materials and documentation processes related to pharmaceutical and/or drug/device combination products packaging. Responsible for working with product development teams to provide development, testing, validation, and implementation for product packaging. This position performs a variety of packaging related assignments utilizing a wide range of packaging materials including but not limited to primary packaging, secondary packaging and shrink films.
- Create new and revise existing packaging documentation including packaging bill of materials, contract packaging specifications, component specifications, and assembly instructions for products as well as in-house 3rd party manufactured products and third party contracted packaging.
- Develops protocols for execution of studies to evaluate performance of packaging components, container/closure integrity, and shipping studies.
- Lead packaging validation activities by ensuring regulatory compliance with 21CFR, part 201, 210, 211.
- Lead impact assessment for owned brands for incoming material testing procedures to determine if additional testing is required or implement new improved test methods for releasing packaging components.
- Investigates new technologies in an effort to improve line performance, reduce component costs, decrease cycle times, and improve overall presentation and product integrity.
- Position requires interface with cross-functional internal groups and external suppliers to move projects forward to meet packaging engineering deliverables. The candidate must be able to develop and work within project timelines.