Contract: Pipette and Calibration Technician / USAClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
|Location:||Waukegan, Illinois, USA|
Do you think you're the best Pipette and Calibration Technician in Northern Illinois? Are you looking to work for a Global Pharmaceutical company? Take a look at the qualifications and accept the challenge!
The Pipette Service & Calibration Technician will be required to service, repair, calibrate and perform preventative maintenance of pipettes for internal customers always ensuring that the Service Department operates to ISO 17025 standards.
* To act as an Ambassador for the Standards Lab to client at all times
* To have understanding of how to work in an laboratory environment
* Clean and service pipettes to the approved in-house standard
* Maintain records of pipettes serviced in Maximo asset management system
* Ensure correct health and safety practice is adhered to at all times
* Responsible for proper use of precision measurement equipment at all times
* Ensure targets are achieved
* Comply with applicable policies and procedures, regulatory and safety requirements.
* Identify issues and implement troubleshooting techniques necessary to avoid production downtime. Closely monitor systems as assigned for potential issues and/or improvements.
* 2+ years' experience of working in a laboratory or service environment and will have experience of the use of pipettes; however, this is not essential as full training is provided
* The ability to work with very small components
* Excellent attention to detail
* Good customer service skills and communication skills.
* The ability to learn and handle technical enquiries, speaking with customers and problem solving
* Be PC literate in Microsoft products including Word, Excel & Outlook with the willingness and ability to learn Calibry pipette calibration software
* Reliable and flexible
* The ability to work alone as well as part of a team
* Perform the testing, adjusting, repairs and calibration of pipettes
* Deals with precision, dispensing, weighing equipment etc.
* Calibrate 10/15 pipettes a day
* Potential travel required from site to site to pick up pipettes