Contract: Senior Accounting Associate 30409 / The NetherlandsClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
|Location:||Breda, North Brabant, The Netherlands|
The client are looking for a Senior Accounting Associate in the Breda area on an initial 12 month contract with the potential to extend.
Main Responsibilities of the role
- Performs day-to day accounting activities related to US GAAP (review and post journal entries/payroll accounting/VAT/prepaid and accruals).
- Performs Balance Sheet reviews, reviewing account reconciliation's in liaison with outsources partners/Finance and Administration team at European affiliate
- Supports the preparation of close packages (including variance analysis),
- Performs control validations and testing (IICC/SOX).
- Supports sales accounting/cost accounting for the global accounting functions
- Coordination/oversight accounting activities performed by our outsource Partners.
- Ensures actual data in SAP and various reporting systems is accurate
- Technical guidance on accounting matters
- Communicates/Coordinates with Finance and Administration team at European affiliate relating US GAAP vs Local GAAP
- Provides support for expansion activities/new product launches
- Create and track financial metrics as part of dashboard for management
- Provide ad hoc support to the Finance Director and flag all opportunities and challenges.
- Keep track of effectiveness of SLA's, process maps and SOPs, monitors between the various Finance functions
- Provide back up when colleagues are not available.
Desired Experience and Background of the successful candidate
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Accounting, Finance or a related field of study
- Fluency in English (both verbal and written) is a must.
- Typically 3+ years of related professional experience
- Demonstrated excellence of technical knowledge of accounting (US GAAP), accounting systems/processes.
- Demonstrates a high level of analytical skills and the ability to solve complex problems.
- Excellent computer skills in the Microsoft Office environment.
- Basic knowledge of European VAT system
- Experience with SAP/other ERP system is a +