Contract: Cost Engineer / CanadaClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
- Deliver consistent and appropriate cost management structures/tools/processes for a $50M+ project with two phases.
- Assist with the development of project controls plans for the Asset Productivity project in compliance with Downstream Recommended Practices and in alignment with Planning, Scheduling, Finance and Contracting & Procurement (C&P) processes.
- Ensure implementation of CBS (Cost Breakdown Structure) for the Asset Productivity project in alignment with IPA cost definitions, the estimate breakdown, and Primavera WBS (as applicable). Set up SAP Blueprint (Upgrader) with the project CBS and budget information accordingly.
- Implement cost control processes for the Asset Productivity project, which may include: capturing of commitments, calculation and recording of VOWD (Value of Work Done), cost forecasting/phasing and reporting earned value consistent with company procedures. Establish cost report content and frequency, prepare and conduct budget holder reviews, and publish cost reporting. Support C&P group by providing detailed cost and performance analysis.
- Monitor the work hour consumption and associated cost of contractor activities against contractual targets such that potential deviations are identified, and appropriate corrective actions are taken.
- Interface with contractors to ensure consistency in cost reporting and challenge and review contractor's VOWD, commitments, earned value, forecasts and deviations.
- Deliver accurate and high-quality monthly Latest Estimate forecast.
- Tracking and maintenance of changes/trends and contingency management: ensure that appropriate changes/trends are reflected in the regular cost forecast updates. Prepare forecasts and review with budget holder. Establish linkage between change/trend management and contingency management, perform the contingency drawdown and ensure accurate current status is reflected in cost reports.
- Cost reporting: generation of accurate monthly cost reports, including variances from the plan on commitments, VOWD, and management of changes against approved Authorization for Expenditure (AFE). Job description - Dimensions
- Direct interface with mainly internal stakeholders, such as Project Manager, Construction Field Leads, Site Contractors, Scheduling team C&P, Finance, and EPC contractors.
- The ability to work in a flexible, diverse team environment, which is a collection of various technical disciplines, stakeholders and contractors at all levels of the organization, is essential.
- Must have a team spirit attitude, strong inter-personal and communication skills, be self- motivated and a keen attention to detail.
- A critical aspect to this role is the ability to proactively engage the Project Manager, highlighting areas of concern in terms of cost trends and detailed cost analysis.
Position description - Special Challenges
- Effective and proactive stakeholder engagement is critical.
- Effective utilization of SAP Blueprint.
- Highly demanding and fast paced job, particularly during project execution.
- Maintain strong relationship with entire team during times of high energy and stress.
Experience and Qualifications required
- Engineering/Technologist Degree and/or Certification as a Cost Engineer or equivalent experience.
- 4 years refinery or petrochemical industry experience in cost engineering/ cost controls.
- Experience in cost engineering/ cost controls positions.
- Works effectively in a team environment and builds consensus.
- Working knowledge of a broad range of Project Controls systems, tools, and practices specifically in the energy sector.
- Strong leadership, communication, report-writing, and presentation skills.
- Strong customer focus.
- Skilled in using Excel, SAP, PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook.
- Excellent analytical, oral, and written communication skills.
How to Apply
© All rights reserved, 2001 - 2021