Electrical Service Technician / ScotlandClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
A global leader in HVDC technology are looking for a Service Engineer to support maintenance and service activities at a HV convertor station. Reporting to the Service Manager, you will be responsible for maintaining, servicing, commissioning all HV assets on the station, delivering on both 1st and 2nd tier line support.
Based primarily on-site, with occasional travel to Staffordshire and various customer sites throughout the UK, this is a fantastic opportunity to work for a business employing over 140,000 people that's renowned for its training, development and cutting edge projects; most notably within HVDC. So what are your main accountabilities?
* To deliver maintenance & repair services to the site. The principal objectives of this are as follows;
* Deliver exceptionally high availability to the entire system.
* Maintain the value and maximise the design life of the system.
* Maintain the strong relationship with this valued customer.
* To provide a safe working environment for all site employees, mitigate the risks
* Ensure ethical behaviour in line with code of conduct
* Manage the environmental risks associated with the business unit
* Create the environment that allows all employees to develop and succeed
The client is a global technology business with a presence in over 90 countries. They offer products, systems & solutions to the global energy industry and have been leaders in innovation for over a century. With a customer-base across multiple industries including Energy, Utilities, Industrial and Transportation and almost 40,000 employees, they are committed to making energy more accessible, affordable & sustainable for millions of people globally.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
* Electrician with 5+ years experience in HV power systems
* EHV (>200kV) Substation experience
* A base location within 60 minute drive of the converter station is a requirement.
* Required technical skills and commercial acumen.
* Experience in delivering technical reports and fault analysis. Maintain Maintenance Management System, complete all customer fault reports & commissioning documentation where required in a timely manner.
* An ability to work under pressure and on your own initiative
* Promote good relations and synergy both internally and externally.
* Sound communication, presentation and negotiation skills
* Team Building Skills
* MS Office skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.
* Fluent written & spoken English