Contract: Offshore Telecoms Technician / ScotlandClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
|Duration:||Contract - 12 months|
As a Telecoms Technician they will be responsible for developing technical solutions, preventative maintenance, equipment installation, projects and commissioning maintenance, while updating and supporting the business
This position requires offshore travel on a Two weeks offshore Three Onshore Rota with occasional visits to other platforms as required for support and projects along with office visits if requested.
* Compliance with mandatory company procedures.
* Provide day to day preventative maintenance and repair.
* Installation, Configuration, and troubleshooting of equipment to include but not limited to: *PA/GA
* Telephony System
* RF Equipment
* VHF and UHF Base stations and Handhelds
* UPS Systems
* LAN infrastructure
* Wireless access points and VOIP phones.
* 4G Systems
* Equipment Rack Assembly
* Entertainment Systems
Telecom duties include:
* Use of specialised test equipment..
* Proficiency with use of engineering drawings for installation, troubleshooting and repair.
* Complete all plans, diagrams and procedures related to installations including the as-built documentation.
* Promotes and maintains a safe and positive HSE presence within the team and day to day work flow. Comply with the requirements of the Safety Management System
* Conducting safety/toolbox meetings
* Ensure compliance with system procedures
* Conduct risk assessments
* Report incidents and hazards
* Participate in incident investigations.
* Ensure that MoC processes are followed.
* Complete all job documentation and paperwork in a timely fashion.
* Dealing with Vendors on an Ad-hoc basis
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
* Cabling, fabrication, and termination of commissioning of Telecoms equipment
* Knowledge of Electrical safety/Awareness of Electrical isolation
* Knowledge of offshore safety procedures, which may include but not limited to Permit to Work, Stop the Job, Lone Man Working, Electrical Isolation.
* Ability to offer creative solutions and resourceful problem solving skills.
* Experience and knowledge of Cisco routers and switches and VOIP.
* Ability to perform tasks with minimal supervision.
* Detail oriented individual with proven ability to prioritise and complete multiple tasks concurrently within deadlines
* Bosiet, offshore Medical, MIST, and Emergency Breather System (EBS) to be included as part of mandatory courses.
* Hazardous Area 5 Day CompEx
* Well organised, effective written, verbal and presentation skills.
* Proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
Education and Experience:
* Relevant Qualifications in IT, Telecommunications, with preferred Certification in RYA,CAA & GMDSS. Telecommunications relevant work experience will be considered.
* 3+ years relevant work experience in Onshore/Offshore communications industry
* Proven experience with Telecommunications fundamentals