Contract: Project Engineer - Offshore Decommissioning / AustraliaClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
|Duration:||Contract - 12 months|
Operational Excellence 20%
* Demonstrates leadership in support of an incident and injury free workplace.
* Leads an effective safety and environmental stewardship culture with contractors commensurate with the risks associated with ageing infrastructure, high risk activities required during decommissioning, and environmental sensitivities of the work location.
* Partners with contractors to drive a positive work environment, establish an effective contractor safety culture, and ensure adherence to Contractor Health, Environment and Safety Management (CHESM) process.
* Drive Operational Discipline in the implementation of the Thevenard Island Management System including the HES Management Plan, Emergency Response Plan, Quarantine Management Plan and project specific approvals such as the Environment Plan and Safety Case.
* Ensures project compliance with clients Operational Excellence policies, systems, standards and processes as well as relevant Australian Standards and regulatory requirements and commitments.
Project Management: 80%
* Responsible for execution of campaign-based care and maintenance activities associated with Thevenard Island offshore facilities prior to Offshore decommissioning.
* Provide in field supervision of contractors performing execution work.
* Assist with development of the overarching strategy for Offshore Decommissioning to drive best end-state outcomes and ensure efficient, safe and timely execution.
* Assist with contracting, engineering, planning and execution of the Thevenard Island Offshore Decommissioning packages including platform removal (~$100MM scope), pipeline and associated subsea infrastructure retirement (~$30MM scope).
* Support development of a comparative assessment, defining alternatives, engaging stakeholders and evaluating end states for pipelines and associated infrastructure.
* Manage interface with contractors during planning and execution phase and ensure adherence to project and regulatory requirements.
* Responsible for ensuring all wastes generated during execution are recycled / disposed of in accordance with Third Party Waste Stewardship requirements and associated logistics are optimized.
* Ensure all relevant regulatory approvals are attained in co-ordination with project approvals specialist and operationalise regulatory commitments register to assure project compliance.
* Ensure all required HES documentation is developed in co-ordination with project HES lead and operationalise HES management system to assure safe operations.
* Interface with key project stakeholders to drive collaborative relationship and support for project.
* Manage project cost and schedule in co-ordination with project cost engineer and drive visibility on project cost / schedule performance.
* Monitor project execution risk and formulate and implement mitigation plans as required.
The client is an International Oil and Gas Operator involved in 2 of Australia's largest LNG Projects based in Western Australia. Spending more than 20 years building a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve world-class performance, the client places the highest of priority on developing a strong safety focused culture.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
The following summaries the minimum qualities/experience which will contribute to success in this role:
* Prior project management / engineering experience required
* Prior tender and contracting experience required
* Track record building One Team relationships with contractors and aligning cross functional teams to support project delivery required
* Must be willing to transition to rotational (2w/2w) offshore company representative role during project execution - currently forecast to commence 2H21for a period of ~ 6 months
* Interest in offshore decommissioning and willingness to grow capabilities in asset retirement discipline essential
* Prior experience / knowledge of marine and subsea operations including air diving and ROV highly regarded
* Prior experience in asset retirement / facility decommissioning highly regarded
* Prior experience in managing project logistics & waste management highly regarded
* Existing fluency and experience