Contract: Cost Controller / ScotlandClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
|Duration:||Contract - 12 months paye|
* Provide Cost Control support to the required function.
* Maintain cost tracking data, provide regular cost reporting updates and administer detailed budget/forecasts to the incumbent budget holder(s).
* Focal Interface between Operations and Finance functions to ensure accurate cost information and budgeting activities. Follow policies, procedures and contractual agreements.
* Delivery of accurate and timely cost information
* Works with budget holders to prepare business plans, Value of Work Done, and forecasts
* Tracks commitments and invoices against activities
* Invoice verification (against contract & purchase order commitments) for appropriate cost coding, price and scope checks. Where applicable follow up with vendor on invoice related queries.
* Liaise with supply chain on invoice related issues as appropriate.
* Provision of information for cost allocations cycles as required
* Prepares variance and trend analysis as required
* Collaborates with key stakeholders including budget owners, contract owners and accountants
* Undertakes various reconciliations exercises as required (inc. Well Recs)
* Provides support to master data and reporting structure requirements
* Provide ad-hoc cost analysis and management presentations as required.
* Any other reasonable duty as per instruction by your manager.
The client uses its pioneering spirit to responsibly deliver energy to the world. This purpose transcends all of the clients operations. The Company conducts its business to return maximum value to shareholders while utilizing a wealth of knowledge and resources from its employees and acting responsibly in all communities in which it operates. With more than 30,000 employees, the client works worldwide to consistently deliver top performance, value and to maintain the companys global market
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
* Degree qualified and appropriate experience and qualifications
* Understanding of Upstream E&P industry requirements
* Strong understanding of cost management including Value of Work Done and forecast to complete
* Solid understanding of contracts and procurement
* Strong analytical skills
* Experience of Finance systems
* Strong MS Office skills
* Excellent interpersonal skills and adept at interacting with individuals at all levels in the organisation
* Focus on service delivery to business and functions
* Flexible and responsive to stakeholder requirements and changing environment
* Ability to deliver high quality work by deadlines and work effectively under time pressure
* Ability to work on own initiative, proactively drive change, take responsibility and manage tasks through to completion