Contract: QA/QC Lead / USAClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
|Location:||Houston, Texas, USA|
The job holder is responsible for the preparation, implementation, coordination and reporting of all activities related to Quality Management for the Project, and for the reporting at project level, for the duration of the Project.
The job holder is responsible for:
- To promote Quality in the project and provide Quality advice;
- To assist project management in the definition of organizational requirements per package, and the selection and coordination of QC personnel;
- To assist the Project Management team in the organization, implementation and audit of quality procedures related to the project.
- To define, develop, implement and control implementation of a Quality Management System for the project (external activities oriented) and assist the Project Management team and Work Package Managers in the organization and implementation of such Quality Management System;
- To define, organize and coordinate the Quality Surveillance of Contractors and of their main Subcontractors, organize Quality audits and visits in coordination with concerned Package Managers, and issue updated evaluations of their performance within the project;
- To review and give advice on Contractors', Subcontractors' and suppliers' QA/QC Inspection & Test Plans for overall coherence and adequacy (format, document control and enforcement to Quality Specifications), with the knowledge that prime responsibility for Quality Control remaining with the Packages Managers and their teams;
- Supervising functionally the QA/QC Leaders and Engineers assigned within the different Packages.
- The communication of the project internally and with the Partners and on all matters related to Quality Management.
- The job holder is also accountable individually for demonstrating an exemplary behavior with regard to H3SE rules and requirements, and with regard to the Company Ethics and "Code of Conduct" policy.
- The job holder shall liaise actively with all the Project Package Managers for all QA/QC related activities.
- To adopt and demonstrate an exemplary behaviour with regard to the Company Ethics and ""Code of Conduct"" policy.
- To develop, adapt and implement the Quality Management System (QMS) of the project on the basis of Company Quality charters, directives, rules and objectives, and to define, develop and implement the associated organization and means.
- To manage the QMS register in consultation with the concerned Package Managers and Leaders.
- To investigate any identified or reported problem in the application of Project QMS and propose solutions/ improvements to the concerned Managers
- To prepare and implement, in consultation with Project management, an Internal Audit Plan in order to ensure compliance with the QMS and to ensure that Project Quality reviews are regularly and properly conducted and that decided actions are diligently completed.
- To review as necessary Bidders/Contractor's key documents ensuring that they are in line with Project expectations and that they fulfil contract requirements.
- To prepare and implement during the next phase of the project an External Audit Plan covering Contractors and Major Subcontractors in order to ensure enforcement of QMS requirements, and to monitor the External Audits findings & remarks, and any other reported Quality problems, through periodic meetings with Contractors
- To use visits to work-sites to liaise with resident project personnel, and review any quality problems or difficulties they report.
- To be involved as needed in the action plan defined by Project Senior Management, as in all the other retrieval plans to solve Project issues and deficiencies.
- To participate to Project Management meetings and all required meetings.
- To ensure adequate and timely reporting to the Project Director highlighting progress and areas of concern.
- To assist the Project Director with the relations with Partners specifically regarding Quality Management matters and to participate in the preparation and participate to Workshops / Committee meetings with Partners
- To ensure confidentiality of all the documentation related to Quality Management (whatever its support)
- To act as Feedback Representative for the Project towards Headquarters
Engineer, or equivalent.
15-20 years, and 5-10 years in a similar position, GOM Deepwater development experience
Required Skills /Certifications:
Skilled in preparation and implementation of Project Quality management Systems,
Proficient organizational ability and commitment to meeting deadlines, strong communication and presentation skills. Team worker capable of working autonomously
Fluent English required."