Contract: Cost Control Technician / USAClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
|Location:||Houston, Texas, USA|
Cost Control Technician
During this FEED phase, the position holder shall be responsible for managing the invoices, vendor data, commitments, change orders / variations, coding verification, monthly & period close, reporting and reconciliation, partnership interest & billing,
Overall responsibility including:
- Responsible for all coding, logging, processing of invoices, tracking and internal expenditures including ensuring proper workflow and timely payment
- Monitor all agreements / contracts to ensure expenditure is within commitments and proactively notifying contract owners of potential change order requirements
- Maintain and ensure all vendor information is accurate within system of record and manage all changes if applicable
- Support joint venture accountant to ensure proper partner invoicing including but not limited to reporting, cutback entries, accruals, and partner audits
- Ensure accurate time tracking and calculation of rates for operations teams(s) in scope of responsibility to ensure proper billing to partners based on COPAS guidelines and the JOA
- Support WBS & Asset Structure in SAP for CAPEX & OPEX Properties and ensure coding is properly applied and information flow is correct and complete in SAP
- Track and follow contracts and terms, progress and the value of work done against the invoices received, determining the monthly accruals as required
- Ensure all applicable company rules and guidelines are properly followed including adherence to cost control and JVA processes
- Provide data as necessary for the project team and other internal departments and groups
- Support cost controllers as necessary
- Perform ad-hoc projects as needed by the project team including reporting
- Liaison with other offices to process invoices, cash management, vendor data management, and other responsibilities
- Promote a culture of safety, health, and environment
- Participate in project digitalization to promote efficiencies, synergies, and simplification
- The job holder will have to liaise actively with Project Management and related Package and Line Managers for the performance of the above duties. Additionally, job holder must be proactive, solution oriented, show high professional work ownership, and a team player.
- The job holder is also accountable for demonstrating an exemplary behaviour with regard to HSSE rules & requirements, with regards to the Company Ethics and "Code of Conduct" policy and for implementing and controlling these rules and requirements within the said area of responsibility.
Bachelors degree or similar preferred
2+ years, experience in major oil and gas project cost control a plus
Required Skills /Certifications:
Excellent organizational ability and commitment to meeting deadlines
Requires team spirit with ability to work closely with various stakeholders including but not limited to diverse international teams, vendors & subcontractors, affiliates, HQ, etc.
Strong communication and proficient presentation skills
Knowledgeable and experienced with cost engineering principles and methods including budgeting and forecasting, change management, management systems/procedures, Cost and Work Breakdown Structures, Earned Value Systems and contingency management.
SAP a plus
Fluent English required.