Contract: Environmental Scientist - Rehabilitation / AustraliaClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
|Duration:||Contract - 12 months|
The client is looking for an experienced Senior Environmental Scientist (Rehabilitation) to join a leading global Oil & Gas operator located in Perth, WA. The main purpose of this role is to contribute to the successful coordination and delivery of a selection of oil rehabilitation projects, including the completion of active rehabilitation at sites on Barrow and Boodie Islands, North West WA.
* Implementation of Environment Plans, licensing and all other regulatory documentation as they relate to rehabilitation projects
* Co-ordination of rehabilitation requirements including weed management and topsoil management
* Co-ordination of rehabilitation program with active remediation and decommissioning programs
* Ensure compliance with all company property transfer requirements on related projects
* Project budget and cost control over multiple complex projects
* Liaison with regulators and internal stakeholders as required
The client is an International Oil and Gas Operator involved in 2 of Australia's largest LNG Projects based in Western Australia. Spending more than 20 years building a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve world-class performance, our client places the highest of priority on developing a strong safety focused culture.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
* Degree in Environmental Science or equivalent related science discipline with minimum 10 years' experience
* Knowledge and practical application of Environmental Protection Act, Guidelines and Regulations as it relates to petroleum extraction or the mining industry. Must have a subject matter expert understanding of Ecology or Rehabilitation and / or Botany.
* Subject matter expert on rehabilitation as it relates to decommissioning and closure. Must have experience with monitoring of rehabilitated areas against completion criteria.
* Solid Stakeholder engagement and facilitation skills: Manages internal stakeholder requirements (FE, Subsurface, D&C etc.)
* Demonstrated understanding of rehabilitation requirements and programs in the Pilbara
* Demonstrated leadership and planning skills to meet work schedules and tight deadlines
* Wiliness to support operations from the field as need requires.
* Demonstrated ability to identify and build key relationships that contribute to
Desirable Skills / Qualifications:
Solid Stakeholder engagement skills
Knowledge and practical application of State Legislation including Environmental Protection Act, Guidance and Regulation as it relates to the Petroleum Industry
Demonstrated leadership and planning skills to meet work schedules and tight deadlines
Decommissioning and Oil Operations experience