Site Manager - Hydropower / EthiopiaClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
|Salary:||$9000 - $13000 per month|
Site Manager - Hydropower - Ethiopia
(Hydroelectric turbine and generator installation)
The client is urgently seeking a Site Manager for the installation and commissioning of the electrical & mechanical equipment for the hydropower plant in Ethiopia. You will also take responsibility of Commercial activities so a Project Management background is essential.
Client Profile: Global supplier for hydroelectric turbine and generator installation and refurbishment projects
As Site Manager you will coordinate the technical staff / contractors during the installation process of the turbines, generators, control equipment's and the rest of the mechanical and auxiliary equipment's.
You will make sure that the work is done safely, according to the quality standards, schedule, budget, contractual engineering procedures and engineering drawings. You will be in charge to maintain a work environment focused on continuous improvement, so that best practices and project management techniques are developed, integrated and shared throughout the organization.
- Takes leadership, manages and provides technical training during the stages of assembly and commissioning of hydroelectric equipment and of the associated electrical and mechanical systems;
- Elaborates short and medium term work planning together with the foremen and the supervisors (i.e. workforce planning, materials, tools etc.)
- Complies with the work schedule and budget (hours) with good work planning and by working closely in cooperation with supervisors, foremen and unionized employees;
- Makes sure that all work is done safely and according to internal standards, client's requests and other legal requirements;
- Reviews the engineering and installation procedures, and if necessary, elaborates methods supplementary to the existing procedures such as lifting plans, methods, health and safety at work, etc.;
- Manages the contractor employees and the engineers' team; works closely with project managers and project engineers, the quality assurance managers and QA inspectors on site.
- Develops together with the engineering team \ entrepreneurs the installation and maintenance procedures and verifies that these are followed by the contractors;
- Follows up the planning for all site works including the interface and ''transfer' with support groups;
- Maintains close contact with the client with an emphasis on quality, safety and professional standards of employees / subcontractors and communicates frequently, openly and positively with the client representatives;
- Works continuously to improve the performance of the department by innovating and incorporating the best ideas and practices in the installation and alternative work methods manual;
- Collaborates closely with the Site Quality Assurance Manager and the Engineering Department to resolve non-compliances, notices of design change and other documentation.
- In case the candidate will have a role at the project related to quality, he should implement and maintain the Quality Management System during the equipment installation process at site. He/she makes sure that the work is done safely, according to the quality standards, customer requirements, schedule and budget. He/she is in charge to maintain a work environment focused on continuous improvement, so that best practices and project management techniques are developed, integrated and shared throughout the organization
MUST HAVE Requirements for Site Manager:
- 10 -20 years' experience as s site manager
- Min 10 years' experience in Hydro power plants
- Hydro Equipment Experience
- Africa Experience
Mobilisation: January 2021
Salary Package: (Negotiable depending on experience)
This is a fantastic opportunity to work on major hydropower project in Africa, additionally the opportunity to work for major Hydropower Equipment Manufacturer.