Planning Engineer / Western Europe
As Planning Engineer you will select and develop the most suitable economic models and engineering methods for projects. You will be present onsite during an engineering project to supervise all stages of work and provide solutions.
- Self-motivated, extremely organized, and with strong communication and project management aptitude.
- Bachelor’s degree, an engineering certification, and the following skills: Engineering skills – a strong understanding of technical engineering principles to predict future problems and find solutions for them
- Strategic planning to determine the necessary path for a project to get completed on time.
- Project management understanding to scope a project and create work schedules to ensure completion within the timeframe and budget allotted.
- Analytical problem-solving.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to provide reports to clients and stakeholders as well as articulate complex project plans to team members.
- Computer skills – specialized computer software for engineering and project management purposes, such as: Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook, and Access Database); 3D Modeling software (AutoCAD); and Primavera P6.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Generate estimations for timescales and costs using specialized design software packages.
- Project Monitoring and Reporting: Tracking and analysing field results by continually make comparisons between planned progress and actual progress and report any differences to their lead project manager.
- Perform Project Coordination: Analyse expenses and identify opportunities to save cost to make sure complex projects are handled on time and on budget by overseeing the project planning, inventory services, cost control, team leadership, and project management.
- Manage Stakeholder and Team Communication: works closely with others involved in a project and directs the daily workload of subordinate team members.
- Drive Process Improvement by working with leadership teams is a key duty for planning engineers.
- Provide guidance and deliver schedules to facilitate project execution strategy.