Freelance/Contract: Cable Project Engineer / GermanyClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
Cable Project Engineer
Are you looking for a new assignment to start ASAP?
The client is currently looking to recruit a Cable Project Engineer for a developer for the offshore wind sector; a 6 month contact based in Germany (Hamburg).
For this requirement you will be you will contribute to ensuring projects maintain high levels of health and safety performance as well as supporting and contributing the Package Manager with technical know-how on cable system design and manufacturing (including cable accessories). Other responsibilities include, but not limited:
- Supporting in compliance with the project budget and address changes to Package Manager. Monitoring of time schedule and progress of suppliers.
- Contributing to the identification and management of risks, opportunities, and mitigation plans.
- Contributing and support the inter-array cable tender and supplier evaluation process
- Contributing to the continual improvement of Employer's Requirements and ITT.
- Leading technical evaluations for the compliance of supplier's designs fit against Employer's Requirements.
- Technical reviews of reports, design and system studies supplied by Contractors and third parties (e.g. Cable and Accessories Design and Analysis Reports, Cable optimisation, Fault studies etc.)
- Preparation and coordinating of cable and accessories product quality assurance and quality control throughout the supply chain.
- Interfacing with other packages and plant suppliers to ensure consistency and satisfactory performance of works.
- Administrative tasks within cable package e.g. Document management, planning of progress meetings, taking minutes, etc.
- Ensure compliance of requirements of Asset Management and O+M with the cable package.
- Liaise with the line organisation, share knowledge and information, assist in monitoring and trouble shooting and facilitate resource management.
To be considered for this particular requirement you would need to have current working knowledge of working on HV cables within the offshore wind industry as well as the following experience:
- B.Sc or M.Sc in Electrical engineering
- A minimum of 5 years' experience with high voltage on- and offshore cables
- Experience with inter-array cables and accessories
- Preferably experience with HVDC export cables
- Preferably experience within the subsea cable manufacturing industry
- Experience with project management (IPMA Level D/C /PMA/Prince 2 or similar), technical negotiations and contract awareness (FIDIC)
- Experience with wind farms on- and offshore
- Both practical and theoretical experience
- Good English language skills and preferable also good German and/or Danish language skills
- Willingness to travel and offshore work.
- High degree of self-motivation with a flexible approach to work.
- Enjoys working in diverse teams within Projects and Line department
- Being able to speak German would be an advantage
The assignment would be for an initial 6 months with a view to extend. Rate would be negotiable depending upon experience.
Should you feel this position is of interest and you meet the requirements; please forward your CV to me .