Freelance/Contract: Senior OSS Project Engineer / TaiwanClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
Senior OSS Project Engineer
Are you looking for a new opportunity to work as a Senior OSS Project manager?
A new assignment has become available for an Electrical Manager to join a major offshore wind project in Taiwan on a contract basis. The suitable candidate will be responsible for the electrical scope from basic design to completion of installation of the offshore substations, reporting to the Offshore Substation Package Manager as well as the following:
- Preparing technical requirements.
- Evaluating tender proposals.
- Managing the contractor within your scope to ensure a high quality offshore substation delivery which meets project targets.
- Reviewing and guiding contractors on general offshore substation layout, electrical design and equipment design and execution of the works.
- Reviewing contractors deliverables incl. concept design, detailed design and as built documentation.
- Aligning interfaces with key internal stakeholders such as the Transmission System Design Engineer, Structural Manager, Cable Package Manager and O&M Manager.
- Liaising with external stakeholders such as the Project Certifying Body and Lender's Technical Advisor.
- Regular visits to contractors' or subcontractors' sites within Taiwan or internationally will be required. Requirements Experience:
- Bachelor's or master's degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Recent working knowledge or have worked in a position as Electrical Manager for a HV substation from initiation through basic design, fabrication, installation and commissioning to completion.
- Experience of managing external contractors such as HV equipment suppliers and offshore/onshore substation EPC contractors. Alternatively, experience working for these contractors is valuable.
- Understanding offshore wind farm electrical system design requirements and solutions in HV/MV/LV systems.
- Strong understanding of what drives substation design and execution and the electrical scope in particular.
- Experience with and understanding of substation auxiliary systems such as e.g. air conditioning, fire & safety etc. is desirable.
- PMP certification will be viewed as an advantage but not a requirement.
- Ideally worked in an international environment.
- Personal drive combined with a structured and proactive approach to your work.
- Thrive in an international environment and able to create good relationships with your internal and external stakeholders.
- Have a collaborative approach and thrive on teamwork.
- Speak and write English fluently.
- Flexible approach and thrive to work in a small team.
- Able to work independently and in a team.
Interested candidates must be able to commit to a full-time base in Taipei for the duration of the assignment (8- 9 months with a view to extend) . Rates are negotiable based upon experience.
Should you feel this position is of interest and you meet the requirements; please forward your CV to me .