Contract: Subsea Controls Upgrade Engineer / ScotlandClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
|Duration:||Contract - 12 months|
The Subsea Controls Upgrade Engineer will be a key technical member of the project team tasked with upgrading control system components to support continued reliable production. This is a high impact, unique and challenging opportunity, requiring sustainable solutions, minimum cutover impacts and compliant with foundation and future subsea tie-backs.
This position will provide in country oversight and support to two contractors performing competitive FEED for the Subsea Controls Upgrade project and will be responsible for liaison with an international project team.
1. The design of subsea control system electrical, electronics, communication and software architectures
2. Overseeing vendor technology qualification/development and proof of concept testing
3. The support of detailed subsea controls system definition, engineering, testing, ICSS interfaces, mobilisation, live cutover offshore installation and acceptance
4. Addressing controls lifecycle management and sustainability is desirable
5. Experience with subsea vendors is highly desirable
6. Working interface issues with existing projects and mitigating obsolescence issues
7. Managing subsea controls equipment during operations, cybersecurity and topside interfaces
8. Critically analysing conflicting priorities between the existing subsea production system and project delivery to make the best business decisions
9. Understand, align and communicate customer requirements relative to business needs
10. Lead problem resolution, change opportunities; may develop innovative solutions
11. Anticipate resistance to changes and applies strategies to mitigate
12. Motivate others to take action supporting the problem resolution, process improvement, or change
13. The position will be based in the UK with regular trips to the vendor's UK based facilities and mainland Europe if conditions allow
14. This role requires frequent communications to the rest of the internationally based project team
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
o 10 plus years Subsea Controls experience
o Experience with subsea vendors is highly desirable
o Design of subsea control system electrical, electronics, communication and software architectures
o Overseeing vendor technology qualification / development and proof of concept testing
o Skilled at working effectively in a cross-functional and across multiple time zones, constructively interfacing across assets, brownfields projects, MCP's and Operations, together with contractors. Strong communication and teamwork skills. Skilled at coaching less experienced engineers.