Contract: Survey & Positioning Representative (Offshore Myanmar) / IndonesiaClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
Great opportunity to work for a Major Oil Company on a short term contract, supervising a rig move offshore Myanmar.
The survey representative shall oversee the survey and positioning aspects of all operations carried out on the installation/field they are mobilized on.
- Supervise topography, positioning and geodesy operations as well as the processing of data acquired for complex operations.
- Ensure all positioning / survey data acquisitions are made according to survey workmanship.
- Review and assess the quality of the field reports submitted by the survey contractor offshore.
- Collect the associated raw data and assess them offshore.
- Make sure that all necessary data are duly collected in a timely manner by the survey contractor offshore.
- Collect the as-built reports and the field reports carried out each day to file them properly on board available for the COMPANY Representative.
- Inform the COMPANY Representative about all shortcomings, problems and/or major defects detected in survey works.
- Ensure the technical exchange with the survey contractor offshore in order to make sure that the survey services are carried-out as per specs and liaise between the COMPANY Rep and CONTRACTOR on survey issues.
- Check the capability and skillfulness of the contractor surveyors and in addition:
- Make sure the navigation sensors are duly calibrated according to COMPANY specifications.
- Make sure the offsets of the sensors have been professionally assessed by the survey sub-contractor.
- Make sure the DGPS and the DP vessel have been duly tested before starting operations.
- Make sure that the survey contractor implements the quality control as per specification requirements.
- Evaluation of the survey procedure and manuals.
- Use and master software and equipment for topography, positioning, geodesy, GIS and mapping
- Ensure the survey contractors comply with TOTAL HSE policy and perform regular HSE audits
- Ensure the validity of HSE certificates of all survey personnel in its perimeter (Medical Certificate, BST, HUET, …).
An expertise in Hydrography, Topography or Survey is required:
- GNSS and surface positioning equipment
- Expertise in hydrography, geodesy, subsea metrologies, cartography and GIS,
- Expertise in survey and positioning technique and with deep- sea positioning,
- Expertise in GNSS and acoustic positioning in Deepwater
The service will be performed in English within a multicultural context.