Contract: HSE Manager / MozambiqueClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
|Duration:||Contract - any|
* Site based position and HSE person on site
* Report to dedicated HSE Manager LNG and runs a Health and Safety team
* Oversees EPC contractors on onshore and marine works, along with general oversight of day to day operations
* Spends enough time in the field in order to have a full understanding of HSE risks and control measures being implemented
* Interfaces with Project Managers and other managers in a close-knit, expert, owner's team
* Active leader for zero incidents
* Ensure HSE roles and responsibilities are being implemented by personnel and contractors.
* Provide positive HSE leadership and promote the adoption of HSE best practice ensuring compliance with company policy and Mozambique health and safety legislation across site works.
* Lead by example and promote company Golden Rules and Stop Work Authority.
* Undertake an ambassador's role on Stop Work Authority Program ensuring that Management and all contractor follow the programs requirements.
* Ensure all unsafe acts and conditions are recorded on an observation system (on the day of the event) along with immediate action taken and any further action required to prevent recurrence.
* Always give feedback to contractor's supervisor on both positive and negative observations before leaving the work area.
* Oversee project HSE initiatives and campaigns to ensure relevant to the work in hand.
* Operationally oversee HSE.
* Ensure project operations on Site are effectively and systematically prepared toward HSE with a risks analysis and applicable permits to work as necessary.
* Ensure adequate management of safety equipment's and installations (firefighting equipment / scaffolding…).
* Attend contractor morning toolbox talks; where possible be actively engaged in the talk.
* Prepare a daily HSE activity log giving details of activities undertaken during the day, these logs are to be stored in the shared drive.
* Provide leadership team with on-site assurance against contractor activities.
* Ensure clear and concise written handovers are provided to Back to Backs.
* Participate in the collation of HSE statistical information across the project, review for accuracy.
* Participate in daily, weekly and monthly HSE performance reports preparation.
* Oversee the monitoring and reporting on contractor HSSE performance and make recommendations for improvement.
* Assist with the identification of HSS training needs and monitor delivery of external facilitated training.
* Ensure that all mandatory training is undertaken in line with agreed timescales.
* Participate in ER exercises.
* Promptly notify the Senior HSE Manager LNG, site leadership team and corporate HSE Director of accidents and incidents in line with company procedures, where appropriate be involved in incident investigations.
* Participate in periodic review of incidents by site leadership and contractors through established HSE committee.
* Review company and contractor site specific procedures.
* Participate in contractor documentation review to ensure contractors are working to their agreed processes and systems.
* Undertake and record findings from regular inspections of contractors work locations against their health and safety plans and contract requirements.
* Perform contractors HSE audits.
* Ensure HSE team is effectively managing actions from inspections, incidents and audits are closed out in a timely manner.
* Ensure contractor meetings/forums are undertaken as required.
* Participate in preparation and update of the project HSE improvement plans and targets.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
* Degree, diploma or vocational training in HSE
* Minimum of 5 years of experience
* Minimum of 5 years in a supervisory position and 2 years in a management position.
* Experience in LNG, oil & gas, petrochemical, chemical or process industry preferred
* Experience of large construction sites with onshore and nearshore facilities
* Deep understanding of H&S and Environmental management systems and operational requirements for a large and diverse construction site
* Team member with leadership skills
* Ability to communicate effectively and be stay informed on important issues and progress to remain current and a vital resource to the project
* Computer literate on Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Internet required.
* Fit and active both physically and mentally to be able to work 12 hour days over a 28 period