Contract: HSE Lead Advisor / MozambiqueClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
|Duration:||Contract - 12 months|
* Report to HSE Manager and provide support and day-to-day direction to HSE Representatives.
* Provide HSE assurance of contractors on owner projects, EPC contractor on onshore and marine works.
* Predominantly a field-based role in order to have a full understanding of HSE risks and control measures being implemented.
* Interfaces with both company and Contractor key stakeholders.
* Deputise for the HSE Manager as required.
* Proactively support the drive for zero incidents.
* Provide operational HSE guidance.
* Provide positive HSE leadership and promote the adoption of HSE best practice ensuring compliance with company policy and Mozambique health and safety legislation across all site works.
* Lead by example and promote company Golden Rules and Stop Work Authority.
* Contribute to project HSE improvement plans and targets.
* Actively support project HSE initiatives and campaigns.
* Undertake an ambassador's role on Stop Work Authority Program ensuring that Management and all contractor follow the programs requirements.
* Ensure all unsafe acts and conditions are recorded on an observation system (on the day of the event) along with immediate action taken and any further action required to prevent recurrence.
* Ensure HSE roles and responsibilities are being implemented by all personnel and contractors.
* Contribute to daily, weekly and monthly HSE performance reports.
* Undertake and record findings from regular inspections of contractors work locations against their health and safety plans and contract requirements
* Attend contractor morning toolbox talks and pre-starts; where possible be actively engaged in the talk.
* Promptly notify line manager of accidents and incidents in line with company procedures, where appropriate be involved in incident investigations.
* Where required participate / lead incident investigations.
* Review company and contractor site specific procedures.
* Ensure actions from inspections, incidents and audits are tracked and closed out.
* Provide on-site assurance against all contractor activities.
* Oversee the monitoring and reporting on contractor HSE performance and make recommendations for improvement.
* Review all contractor documentation to ensure contractors are working to their agreed processes and systems.
* Develop and manage level 3 HSE audits.
* Prepare a daily activity log giving details of activities undertaken during the day, these logs are to be stored in the shared drive.
* Ensure that all mandatory training is undertaken in line with agreed timescales.
* Ensure clear and concise written handovers are provided for all Back to Backs.
* Attend contractor meetings/forums as required.
* Always give feedback to contractor's supervisor on both positive and negative observations before leaving the work area.
* Assist in the preparation of toolbox talks and other HSE communication material.
* Respect the IVMS rules and ensure that JMP's are prepared for all journeys.
* Participate and where required deputize for the HSE Manager.
* Respect project working hours and designated break times.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
* Degree, diploma or vocational training in engineering, construction or HSE
* Minimum of 10 years of experience
* Minimum of 5 year in a supervisory position.
* Experience in LNG, oil & gas, petrochemical, chemical or process industry preferred.
* Experience of large construction sites with onshore and nearshore facilities.
* Deep understanding of H&S and Environmental management systems and operational requirements for a large and diverse construction site.
* Team member with leadership skills.
* Ability to communicate effectively and be stay informed on important issues and progress to remain current and a vital resource to the project.
* Computer literate an Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Internet required.