Emergency Response Lead / IraqClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
|Duration:||Permanent - staff|
To coordinate and manage emergency response services and activities including fire-fighting and emergency interventions for site facilities and camp site, as well as providing technical expertise and support for emergency management and response in line with Client's HSE Management System. Manage the development and implementation of emergency response plans (ERPs) to ensure adequate emergency preparedness arrangements are in placeDescription
Emergency Response Plans
* Manage all emergency response activities and programs, including the planning and coordination of all emergency response services activities and resources in order to ensure effective implementation of emergency response plans and procedures.
* Direct and develop the preventive maintenance program for safety and firefighting equipment, as well as monitoring the working condition of emergency response equipment, and organizing any maintenance requirements or replacements of safety and firefighting equipment.
* Participate in the production of oil spill contingency and emergency response plans and ensure that oil and chemical spill equipment is kept in a state of readiness at all times.
* Develop and manage third party contracts for emergency response and associated life safety/critical equipment.
Emergency Response Operations
* Ensure that emergency response officers and related staff respond promptly and effectively to any emergency cases, whilst also investigating and participating in emergency response procedures as determined by Standard operating procedures and conducting staff briefings on fire and safety related issues as required.
* Direct the emergency teams during emergencies at the incident site to ensure safety of personnel, facilities and equipment.
* Liaise with BOC, and other external stakeholders (Firefighting and Emergency Response services) for coordination and assistance on emergency services as per the existing agreements and interfacing with the external stakeholders regarding fire and safety, emergency response plans and other issues of mutual concern.
* Analyse causes and consequences of fire-related incidents and near misses in order to be able to advise management of necessary changes and recommendations to prevent reoccurrence and of such incidents / near misses, in addition to organizing and implementing remedial action when required
Trainings & Emergency Response Preparedness
* Develop and coordinate fire and safety training programs including emergency response procedures, preparedness and drill programs.
* Ensure all emergency response officers are familiar with emergency response plans and procedures, standard operating procedures, and all other relevant policies and procedures, in addition to ensuring all staff are duly trained to operate safety and fire-fighting equipment and planning on-the-job training of emergency response staff as required.
Policies, Systems, Processes and Procedures
* Participate in the development and implementation of fire and safety policies, procedures and systems, as well as advising the Manager HSE of unsafe conditions or non-compliance with company fire and safety procedures.
* Manage and improve site firefighting and safety procedures, including fire pre-plans.
Identify opportunities for continuous improvement of systems, processes and practices taking into account 'international leading practice', improvement of business processes, cost reduction and productivity improvement.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
* Certified as a professional Fireman to leadership level
* Diploma in Fire Engineering
* Certification on Fire Safety / Loss Prevention
* Certified Train the Trainer and Assessor
* First Response Medical
* Petrochemical firefighting training
* 6-8 years' the O&G sector, specializing in emergency response and management
* Have an advanced level of knowledge pertaining to emergency response and management
* Ability to use and interpret consequential modelling data (potentially CHARM software)
* Good organizational skills
* Detailed understanding of NFPA standards and modular IMS
* Sound knowledge of firefighting B class foam and its application
* Advanced user of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Visio
* Good leadership and people management skills.
* Effective interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
* Good analytical and judgmental skills.
* Good planner/organiz