Principal Drilling Engineer / QatarClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
|Duration:||Permanent - 24 months|
This position is primarily accountable for preparing and delivering all Drilling & Well Engineering aspects for future greenfield and brownfield development projects. Covering drilling feasibility, platform design, platform serviceability and DRILLEX calculations. As part of the Drilling Engineering - FDP team, you will ensure all drilling and wells related documentation, reports and presentations are prepared in accordance to industry standards, best practices and referential, complete with detailed risk assessments and derogations as necessary.
Working and collaborating with intra/inter-departmental multi-disciplinary teams, you will contribute and participate in internal and external reviews, validations and endorsements to facilitate the sanctioning of future projects.
Demonstrate strong commitment to HSE, Golden Rules and Incident Free initiative - contribute and act as a leading example.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
* Bachelor's in Engineering Degree, (Master's preferred)
* 10-12 years Drilling & Well Engineering experience, with minimum 2-3 years rig site operational experience
* Excellent English language skills (written and spoken)
* Expert experience in well planning using Landmark Suite (Compass™, WellPlan™, StressCheck™, Casing Seat™)
* Experienced with MS Office suite,
* Experience in creating and delivering high quality presentations to management.
* Competence in use of reporting software; WellView™
* Valid IWCF Well Control Certification (Level 4), or competency for qualification
* Valid OPITO™ approved Sea Survival, H2S and Fire- Fighting Certification, or competency for qualification.