Contract: GIS (Geographic Information Systems) Field Analyst / MozambiqueClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
|Duration:||Contract - 12 months|
56 / 28 rotation - Afungi, Mozambique
The GIS Analyst position will propose and develop fit for purpose GIS solutions in support of site operations. The position will also manage site data and assist the project team in all mapping and data requests. The successful candidate will have minimum of five (5) years' experience in GIS in the Oil & Gas Industry. Specific qualifications include:
* Experience in collection, distribution, storage, analysis, processing and presentation of geographic data or geographic information.
* Skills in cartography, data management and conversion, geo processing and spatial analysis.
* Proficient with the use of products, services and tools involved in the collection, integration and management of geographic data including ESRI suite of GIS Enterprise products, GlobalMapper and AutoCAD.
* Experience working with technical teams and/or multiple projects using Corporate Standards and best practices.
* Able to work in a fast-paced work environment, with a proactive and flexible approach to problem solving.
* Willing to initiate and effectively manage communication and collaboration with a broad array of business and IT personnel.
* Effective communication skills - listening, verbal and written. Fluent oral and written knowledge of English is required.
The candidate will work closely with Project Managers within various areas of the LNG project to develop data-driven spatial solutions to support the business. The candidate will be first point of contact for on-site data, map and project development requests. Additional specific responsibilities include:
* Coordinate with site team members to receive survey data from field activities.
* Conduct QA/QC on incoming field data to ensure standards for accuracy and compatibility align with corporate best practices.
* Collect GPS data in the field as necessary - resolve problems related to historical data by field verification.
* Convert data from non-GIS formats for visualization in high quality map products for use in reports, presentations and wall displays.
* Work with team to ensure that verified data is maintained in the corporate data store and available to site team members via the GIS platform.
* Identify, recommend and develop workflow process improvements and GIS solutions for site teams.
* Test new hardware, software and tools for site use as directed by team management.
* Provide first tier troubleshooting support for GIS users on site and at other affiliate locations, collaborating with HQ GIS and local IT to ensure user access and license needs are communicated and supported.
* Lead trainings at site for GIS platform applications, documenting user feedback and working with team members to implement application enhancements and improvements
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
High School Diploma or GED required, with a Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Geography, GIS/Geomatics or Computer Science