Contract: Cost Estimating & Risk Specialist / ScotlandClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
|Duration:||Contract - 6 months initially|
* Provide cost estimating and risking services, support and advice for the organisation.
* Initiate, implement, and maintain scalable Estimating and Risk systems to ensure that all projects and modifications are supported effectively. Work with key stakeholders to ensure that input data is timely & robust and that reporting outputs are clear, succinct, and reliable.
* Ensure that all activities are carried out in a safe and environmentally prudent manner, complying with all regulatory requirements, legislation and Client HSEQ procedures.
* Ensures activities follow applicable Project Management Standard, Engineering Management Standards & VOSG Venture Ownership and Stage Gate Standard
* Develop Class Estimates as required by Venture Owners and appropriate to the relevant stage gate using appropriate in-house software & expertise and / or 3rd party service providers. Ensure that different Estimate classes achieve the associated accuracy ranging.
* Facilitate the deployment of risk Management strategies, including the use of PIMS Risk, and suitable project risk & mitigation reporting appropriate for both internal and external stakeholders.
* Lead the estimating and risk processes to ensure a consistent, effective level of service across the project portfolio and robust estimating and risk data outputs / deliverables (ie. Class Estimates / Basis of Estimate reports / Risk Registers / QRA Reports etc).
* Develop a cost and quantity benchmarking database for the company including appropriate NORMS. Represent the Company on any industry benchmarking forums.
* Lead continuous improvement within the areas of Estimating and Risk with regards systems & tools, processes, and methodologies. Ensure that industry best practice is understood and assessed against Company systems & tools, processes, and methodologies.
* Owner of the Pertmaster risk modelling system for Quantitative Risk Assessment (QRA) exercises in support of project stage gates and CCFs.
* Promote and use of Client Project Management processes in the project and take ownership for the Estimating, Risk Modelling / Management and Benchmarking procedures.
* Responsible for maintenance of cost and quantity corporate databases for benchmarking.
* Work in close cooperation with Finance and Economics to ensure that appropriate macro-economic factors are used within project cost estimates (ie. FX, inflation, and escalation factors etc).
* Manage priorities and resources in conjunction with Venture Owners and Project Management teams to ensure continuous alignment of objectives.
* Evaluate the contractor(s) estimating capabilities and advise on adjustments to approach or scope of work.
* Participate in commercial contract evaluation.
* Facilitate Risk management training for non-expert personnel.
* Any other reasonable duty as per instruction by your manager
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
* Bachelor's degree (BSc) or equivalent in relevant field - engineering, risk analysis, geosciences, statistics, Finance, Quantity Surveying etc.
* Additional qualifications in accountancy, quantity surveying and risk management preferable
* Less formal education may be compensated with documented relevant experience.
* Significant Operator experience with Estimating and Risk Modelling / Risk Management. Additional experience in contractor organisation beneficial.
* Experience with external benchmarking and assurance organisations.
* Good knowledge of electronic tools used for Estimating and Risk Modelling / Risk Management (Excel / Primavera / QUE$TOR etc). Excellent knowledge of Pertmaster and PIMS Risk.
* Good understanding of the different types of projects (ie. Topsides, Subsea, Drilling etc) and lifecycle phases / stage gates therein.
* Significant experience of project planning and risk principles in support of effective Risk Modelling and Risk Management.