Contract: Operational Buyer (Junior) / DenmarkClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
|Duration:||Contract - 12 months|
* Demonstrates personal commitment to the Company's HSE Policy.
* Performs quality assessment of Purchase Requisitions created by technical and operational staff, ensuring the content of the request is complete and of sufficient quality before to continue the procurement process in line with the defined policies.
* Develops Request for Quotations for obtaining offers. Critically follow up on, evaluate and assess quotations in collaboration with technical staff, including comparing and evaluating the commercial soundness of each quotation.
* Maintains knowledge of the market and has basic understanding of the technical and operational requirements of the product.
* Supports technical and operational staff with any questions or issues arising from the acquisition of selected materials, goods and services.
* Negotiates offers with vendors and ultimately completes the procurement process, including issuing purchase orders to relevant vendors and suppliers.
* Controls the delivery of materials with respect to timing and ensures that QA/QC requirements are fulfilled as part thereof.
* Ensures the proper requirements are completed for each order, including filing and updating of documentation in SAP, shared drives, and Company group tools.
* Ensures that all the required documentation / certification is completed properly, in line with the applicable procedures. This implies ensuring with the technical and operational staff the signing-off on the internal documentation on the approach and the technical details in relation to the order.
Context and environment:
* The job involves regular contact with local and international suppliers. The jobholder works permanently in an interdisciplinary environment where he/she establishes purchase documents in relation with operations and functional entities. The jobholder supports the management in controlling the expenditure of the company.
* In the current economic situation, the main role of the jobholder is to challenge the external providers with regards to the cost drivers by means of negotiations and launching RFQs when possible. Optimising the costs shall be done in a continuous balance with delivery times and quality of goods and services.
* The jobholder shall operate in accordance with the planned activities, but shall also be able to react quickly and efficiently. This is notably in case of operational changes and breakdown situations which may affect the performance of the service, the safety of the installation, or the production of oil and gas.
The jobholder is accountable for:
* The timely ordering and purchasing of requested services, goods and materials in a cost- efficient, secure and commercially sound manner and that all data in SAP is correct and up-to-date.
* Ensuring that all purchases are executed in accordance with applicable laws as well as internal procedures and regulations.
* Ensuring fulfilment of all outstanding purchase requisitions and pending orders
* Ensuring goods and materials are delivered in line with the respective orders based on delivery time, quality and quantity.
* Ensuring timely payment of invoices.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
* Bachelor degree or equivalent.
* Some experience within procurement - or a relevant operational experience with a strong interest in technical purchasing.
* Knowledge of procurement scope and processes.
* Commercial awareness, ability to compare and assess the commercial strength of technical quotes.
* Good communication skills combined with fluent English in both speech and writing.
* Awareness of SAP MM