Contract: Senior Aboriginal / Indigenous Relations / British ColumbiaClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
|Location:||Vancouver, British Columbia|
|Duration:||Contract - 6 months|
Reporting to the Senior Manager, this position is responsible for implementing and supporting various contracting strategies to engage Indigenous and local communities in the implementation phase. Although this position reports to the Senior Manager, the role requires a very close working relationship with the on-site Construction Manager(s) and the Inspection Teams.
Indigenous and local contracting is a key component of the Aboriginal/Native American policy and of our overall engagement with communities. The work associated with this position is located in Northern BC. The successful candidate will be expected to divide their time between various local Indigenous communities and work sites depending on the Project's requirements.
Significant travel to Indigenous and local communities and worksites is required. Please note that the proportion of time spent in workforce accommodations will vary based on Project requirements. Significant travel to Indigenous and local communities and worksites is required.
To be successful in this role, you must be adaptable, responsible and a team player. Our team is looking for someone who thrives in a dynamic and fast-pace environment. In addition to being well organized, you possess strong business judgement and communication skills needed to interact with a variety of people and job functions.
This position is not eligible for either domestic relocation assistance or cross-border relocation assistance.
Responsibilities and Job duties:
* Support strategies to involve Indigenous and local communities in Northern BC and garner support from internal clients
* Preparation of briefing notes for executive level leaders and regulators
* Function as the single point of contact for on-site issues related to commitments made under the Projects Indigenous and Local Contracting & Employment program; additional activities will include participation in, and support of, issues related to the Project's engagement with Indigenous communities
* Monitor, review and support the subcontracting efforts of Prime contractors with respect to the involvement of Indigenous and local communities. This includes accountability for the resolution of on-site disputes relating to the Project's program and the Project in general
* Assist with the development of communication materials for Indigenous and local communities and contractors to support the program
* Other duties as required
* Post-Secondary Degree or Diploma in engineering or related discipline and/or a combination of a minimum of 10 years of industry experience, preferably with 2+ years at the Project Manager or Task Manager level. Ideally this is related to pipeline or other large-scale industry/projects
* Direct experience working with Indigenous communities
* An aptitude for working as a self-starter with minimal direct supervision
* Experience with the successful delivery and implementation of projects in the civil, energy, resource or infrastructure industries using a project management approach
* Highly organized and effective, with proven success engaging and maintaining relationships across multiple functional areas
* This position requires candidates to have and maintain a valid driver's license and provide a driver's abstract for review
* Demonstrates aptitude and willingness to be a change agent
* All positions require background screening. Some include criminal and/or credit checks to comply with regulations.