EPC Project Management, Solar / Japan
|Salary:||$70000.00 - $80000.00 per annum|
EPC Project Management, Solar - Japan (Tokyo)
To be based in Japan, the client is seeking EPC Project Manager for Solar PV projects. If you are passionate about Renewables and interested to work in one of the major hotspots of APAC, read below!
KEY RESPONSIBILITY FOPR ROLE
* Define the scope of the project according to contract requirements.
* Define allocation of team to perform follow up and execution of the project.
* Define primary and secondary objectives upon completion.
* Keep constant communication with Construction PM to ensure that construction is done according to permitting requirements.
* Support Construction PM in the communication with stakeholders.
* Lead discussions with METI, Utility, Prefecture and any other Authority during phase previous to Construction and during Construction (in supporting mode with Construction PM).
* Manage negotiation with Developers and Third Party.
* Prepare execution schedule definition for permitting processes together with Construction PM.
Permitting Follow Up
* Follow up of progress of the works and comparison with the planned schedule. Define protocols of communication (reports templates, communication system and organigram, etc.) with subcontractor and/or customer.
* Responsible for understanding all prefectural, city and municipal regulations in relation to constructing solar farms and advising management on best course of action.
* Supporting the land acquisition needed for the execution of the project (PV site, grid connection, substation, access road..)
* Responsible for obtaining the permits needed for start construction such as forest permit, EIA..
* Support in the discussions with utility to the Project managers an also the Engineering team.
* Local liaison with the relevant locally based government agencies to develop good relations and ensure best commercial/technical solution is accepted.
* Assist regional partners with joint development activities including the above as relevant as well as landowner approaches, community relations etc and advising client management on local partner actions and practices as well as highlighting potential risks and their mitigation/avoidance approaches.
* functional experts in Tokyo office to ensure holistic and unified approach for development across project management, legal, technical and other functional areas.
* Liaison with consultants/relevant regional partner personnel and assist in town hall meetings and other necessary activities as required.
* Act as local ambassador for the client to ensure good relationships with communities and local leaders are achieved and are consistent with commercial and operational objectives of the client.
* Write reports on the project for senior management.
* Define files organization and coding in order to get appropriate file organization. Coordinate with Engineering team to define IFC drawings properly.
* Establish a communication schedule to update stakeholders (if applicable)
Upto 8 million JPY. (70,000 to 80,000 USD) Per Annum
ASAP - depending on availability of the candidate
Japan has big plans for the future of its renewables sector and the Japanese Government has made investments in solar a priority, with the power source set to lead the way to a clean energy future. Japan plans to increase its reliance on renewable power to 24% of its energy mix by 2030, more than double its current production.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a growing business who is aggressively expanding within the renewables APAC sector. If you are keen to be considered or require additional information please see send your CV with references to me.