Contract: Lead Buyer / DenmarkClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
|Duration:||Contract - 12 months|
The job involves regular contact with local and international suppliers. The jobholder works permanently in an interdisciplinary environment where he/she establishes purchase documents in relation with operations and functional entities. The jobholder supports the management in controlling the expenditure of the company.
In the current economic situation, the main role of the jobholder is to challenge the external providers with regards to the cost drivers by means of negotiations and RFQ. Optimising the costs shall be done in a continuous balance with delivery times and quality of goods and services.
The jobholder shall operate in accordance with the planned activities, but also be able to react quickly and efficiently in case of operational changes and breakdown situations which may affect the performance of the service, the safety of the installation or the production.
The jobholder is accountable for:
* The timely execution of the Contract Process required for Contracts with an estimated value between 10MDKK and 100MDKK with a multi-year duration. The Contracts are characterised with a Risk Tiering A or B and are considered highly complex, due to the technical & contractual content. The management of internal and external stakeholders is fundamental for an efficient and successful process.
* Implementing efficient Contract Management to drive best contract value, e.g. working with business to set contract KPI´s, and drive the execution and follow-up during Service Quality Meetings.
* Leading the contractual and commercial negotiations and assuring that the technical requirements are covered. The jobholder is accountable for the process and the main driver in the development of contracts and agreements in an efficient and commercially sound manner while simultaneously complying with applicable internal regulations and procedures as well as external legislation.
* Ensuring that all contract data in the various contract systems (SAP, Agora) are correct and up-to-date.
* Demonstrates personal commitment to the Company's HSE Policy.
* Prepares, negotiates and issues contracts in respect of Company rules, including HSE rules, internal procedures and applicable legislation.
* Conducts market intelligence activities to ensure Company has proper benchmarks for related categories.
* Leads cross functional teams consisting of business end users, Contract Owners, Finance, HSE, Legal
* Challenges and ensures team have applied both technical and commercial optimization in any contracting strategy by applying thorough scope demand management, standardized specifications and cost consciousness.
* Liaises with other affiliates globally and Company Group Procurement to ensure optimization of value by leveraging on best practices and economies of scale.
* Drives functional excellence in the C&P department through streamlined local and global processes.
* Facilitates effective Supplier Relationship Management, including engagement with Company Group Procurement to establish top quartile Key Performance Indicators with relevant Suppliers.
* Works with internal stakeholders to ensure optimum stock strategy is included in the contract for relevant categories.
* Works to create performance KPIs for his/her Contracts
* Drives and is accountable for effective Contract Management in order to ensure Contractor is achieving HSE, technical, statutory requirements and commercial objectives as defined in the contract.
* Presents cases to Local affiliate Contracts Committee, Contracts Boards and Branch CC where applicable.
* Ensures the administration, filing and update of all the documents in SAP or the central drive.
* Ensures that all approvals, justifications, circulation forms are filed in line with the applicable procedures.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
The incumbent must have:
* Bachelor / University degree qualified in Business, Procurement, Law, Engineering or relevant business area.
* Relevant experience of minimum 3 years within Contracts in the Oil & Gas Industry or similar - or a relevant operational experience with a strong interest in service contracts, understanding of technical scopes and related risks.
* Demonstrable knowledge & understanding of procurement processes including: ethical principles; bidder prequalification; invitation to tender; comparative evaluation of contractors; & award, management, amendment & close out of contracts, ideally with practical experience in preparation and negotiation of complex technical contracts.
* General understanding of the technologies utilised by oil and gas operators.
* Demonstrable knowledge & understanding of commercial, legal and insurance issues affecting the company in general, & more specifically in relation to contracts for works, goods & services.