Contract: Coating & Insulation Superintendent / ChinaClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
|Duration:||Contract - 12 months+|
RESIDENTIAL POSITION BASED IN CHINA (5/2 days work schedule)
Must have demonstrable Module (or major Offshore Structure) construction experience
Must have Engineering degree or equivalent in a relevant discipline, academical and practical knowledge of all types of coating, paint material, PFP, galvanisation etc., and insulation techniques, cladding etc. highly recommended by COMPANY,
Must have a minimum 10 years experience working in module yards in SE Asia,
Must have demonstrable Module (or major Offshore Structure) construction experience,
Main responsibilities and primary objectives:
* Oversight of the EPC Contractor's Coating and Insulation activities during fabrication, assembly, testing and delivery of the Project Modules at the nominated module yard.
Technical support to company on all aspects of coating and insulation matters, including but not limited to, on the following subjects:
* Conduct all activities in a safe and efficient manner in accordance with the COMPANY's policies and procedures. Ensuring the welfare of personnel and the protection of assets and the environment at all times.
* Demonstrate visible leadership and commitment to excellent HSSE performance in support of the COMPANY accountabilities.
* Assist in championing the HSES effort ensuring the full implementation of HSES plans and procedures.
* Manage and supervise Coating and Insulation activities of the fabrication works ensuring that they are carried out in accordance with the relevant COMPANY requirements
* Support Yard Manager in achieving modules delivery expectations in areas such as HSSE, quality and schedule.
* Participate to the engineering process, such as documents review, constructability reviews and initiatives to design-in good construction practice and design-out weaknesses during detailed design.
* Ensure that the EPC Contractor and the Fabrication Subcontractor execution plan for module fabrication, pre-commissioning, commissioning, load-out and hand-over, are effectively implemented.
* Work with engineering and fabrication teams for review and approval of all Contractor deliverables for engineering and construction, ensuring specification and Code compliance and the deliverables schedule is maintained.
* Provide Yard Manager an oversight of EPC Contractor and Fabrication Subcontractor activities related to his technical fields, to achieve completion of the scope of work and pre-commissioning / commissioning objectives for the modules at the fabrication yard as applicable.
* Participate and coordinate relevant interfaces between COMPANY Fabrication team, EPC Contractor and Fabrication Subcontractor. Ensuring alignment with all parties & groups associated with site activities to achieve overall project goals. Create a healthy work environment supporting team members and contractor personnel as required.
* Identify and highlight any risks opportunities or threats that may have a favourable or adverse impact on module delivery within Project cost, quality or schedule objectives. Assist the Yard Manager in the development and implementation of contingency plans as appropriate to maintain performance objectives.
* Provide progress data to the Yard Manager and assist in preparing/updating the weekly/monthly management reporting to monitor progress on key performance indicators (KPI'S).
* Assist the Yard Manager for issues such as review of variations, management of change, coordination of vendor and specialist contractor support and any other aspects to ensure successful implementation of the contract.
* Ensure the review and resolution of Site Queries and Technical deviation requests in his technical fields.
* Monitor and report on fabrication construction progress in his technical fields.
* Assist the Yard Manager to ensure that project objectives are achieved and are in accordance with COMPANY and Statutory requirements.
* Ensure that for his technical fields and area of responsibility, all construction aspects of the project on fabrication site are supervised in a safe and efficient manner.
* Liaise appropriately with Engineering and/or COMPANY SME's for sensitive subjects such as PFP, special coating and insulation, and any subject requiring expertise.
* Promote strong working relationships, with his counterparts in Contractor and Subcontractor teams, in order to present a cohesive interface with other key players.
* Promote team working, to find solutions with good fabrication construction insights.
* Coordinate the Coating and Insulation activities at yard, with all stakeholders, in order to achieve timely completion in the required quality, HSES and environment standards.
* Encourage the development of joint Contractor/Subcontractor/COMPANY team effort aimed at achieving Contract objectives.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
Worldwide experience with Contractors and Vendors in particular those involved in the construction of offshore or modular facilities,
Excellent verbal and written communication skills fluent in both written and spoken English,
Eligible to work in the SERVICE location.
Must have minimum 20 years broad experience in construction,
Must have minimum 15 years in a supervisory role, supervising five individuals or more