Contract: Mechanical Engineering - Compressor Specialist - Projects / NorwayClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
The client is pleased to offer the following key contract position: MECHANICAL ENGINEER - COMPRESSOR SPECIALIST - PROJECTS
Work Location: Stjørdal
Contract Period: 01.11.2020 - 31.08.2021
Please be aware that the closing date is our closing date for submitting the bid to the customer. Your application must be sent to us in due time.
Description about project/department
Portfolio consisting of projects being managed from our Stjørdal office.
Description about task and responsibilities:
• Follow-up contractor’s internal multidiscipline interface co-ordination
• Identify and arrange for necessary verification activities
• Obtain relevant design and operation experience from similar projects and installations in production
• Push and challenge contractors on schedule, deliveries, documents and cost - "design to cost"
• Push and challenge contractors to ensure sound system design and system integrity
• Secure technical integrity and barriers in design and execution, and identify and address risks/concerns
• Establish plans for risk based follow up regarding contract follow up strategy and experience from other projects
• Review and implement internal requirements to assess their effect on the project
• Drive engineering efficiency within own discipline
• Establish regular contact with contractor discipline responsible
• Liaise with stakeholders as applicable (TI, operations ++)
• Ensure zero accidents and a high ethical standard
• Contribute to a good working environment
• Ensure that the discipline is integrated and coordinated with other project disciplines.
• Ensure implementation of HSE in design.
• Ensure that the discipline work is based on Company values; Courageous, Open, Collaborative and Caring.
• General follow up of Mechanical design, both for rotating and static equipment. Special focus on compressor scope.
• Clarification of Shutdown Scope (equipment or RS stop scope)
• Monitoring of the contractor’s study activities such as budget enquiries, clarifications with suppliers, technical requirements, budget quotations
• Review of study report, master equipment
-Follow-up contractor’s internal multidiscipline interface co-ordination on issues affecting mechanical design
• At least 8 years’ experience from engineering within the mechanical discipline in major offshore oil/gas projects.
• Experience in the Company’s project management systems and governing documents is preferred
• Good knowledge to both static and rotating mechanical equipment, especially compressors systems
• Master or Bachelor Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
• Knowledge of the Åsgaard installations, especially Åsgaard B is preferred
Language requirements: English and Norwegian
Closing Date: 2020-10-28