Maintenance Manager / ScotlandClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
With a holistic understanding of the maintenance system, delivery and the associated processes and tools, the successful candidate will be key to effective management of asset integrity and reliability.
The role is expected to provide maintenance support and functional guidance to the operated assets to ensure safe, timely and quality execution of planned and corrective maintenance work and associated activities to assure asset integrity, equipment availability and business objectives are achieved.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
* Provide overall coordination of maintenance support to the asset to ensure maintenance activities are completed consistently, efficiently and according to plan.
* Provide functional guidance on technical issues, maintenance best practice and work processes.
* Proactively work with the Operations and Engineering departments to ensure that operational requirements and opportunities are adequately addressed.
* Responsible for maintenance input to the Shutdown Management process and ensure adequate levels of support are provided to the Shutdown team where required.
* Provide technical leadership and input to asset planning activities including daily scheduling, execution and follow up of maintenance and repair activities.
* Responsible for Maintenance planning and scheduling process as required ensuring consistent prioritisation of corrective work
* Supervise development and stewardship of vendor maintenance plans and the vendor work pack process.
* Responsible for planning and execution of vendor scopes coordinating mobilisation of personnel and materials in a timely manner.
* Responsible for management of campaign maintenance activities including shutdown related workscopes and NPAI interventions.
* Responsible for equipment repair/returns process including process of despatch, vendor liaison and associated logistics.
* Provide guidance and assistance to the assets regarding attainment of Maintenance Key Performance Indicators
* Responsible for the development and stewardship of Maintenance Budgets
* Liaise closely with key vendors and contractors to ensure satisfactory level of service is continuously achieved.
* Act as Contract Sponsor/Focal Point for nominated Contracts.
Maintenance & Reliability
* Responsible for accurate equipment criticality assessment and preventative maintenance allocation in line company procedure.
* Responsible for the implementation of Maintenance Strategies, ensuring they are effective and subject to continuous review and improvement. Drive development of new strategies, ensuring they are fit for purpose.
* Responsible for ensuring identification and provision of Operational and Critical Spares for key equipment
* Responsible for ensuring that Brownfield Modifications & Projects Maintenance deliverables are adequate and timely for input to CMMS.
* Provide business ownership for CMMS ensuring effective and efficient work processes are implemented and best practices adopted.
* Drive improvements in the use of CMMS and associated maintenance and logistics work processes.
* Ownership of Bad Actor review process ensuring identification of opportunities to improve equipment reliability.
* Ensure the quality of technical history is maintained and drive improvements to support the realisation of Maintenance & Reliability goals.
* Assist with identification and development of cross asset/country efficiencies in the maintenance area.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
* Industry recognised "indentured" apprenticeship in core discipline (Elect, Mech, Inst) or equivalent certification.
* NVQ Level 3- Engineering Maintenance or similar.
* HNC/D in core maintenance discipline preferred but not essential.
* Relevant experience in maintenance activities within the oil & gas and/or petrochemical industry.
* Demonstrable track record of maintenance delivery and first line supervisory skills.
* Thorough knowledge of the range of offshore Process and Utility equipment on an oil and gas processing facility.
* Extensive knowledge of Computerised Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS) and processes (Maximo preferred, but not essential).
* Strong HSE behaviours
* Self-motivated, pro-active, energetic, driven to succeed and resilient
* Demonstrates commitment, personal accountability and actively seeks improvement opportunities