Contract: Quantity Surveyor - Inside IR35 / ScotlandClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
|Duration:||Contract - 12 month renewable|
Role: Quantity Surveyor
Contract: 12 Month Renewable - INSIDE IR35
Industry: Renewable Energy
* Reporting to the Senior QS or Commercial Manager.
Purpose of Job To assist the Project Senior Quantity Surveyor/ Commercial Manager to provide a full quantity surveying service to the contract to which appointed.
Main Responsibilities in assisting the Team
* To ensure that on the project the Company achieves the maximum financial return at least commensurate with our entitlement.
* To ensure that all duties and functions are carried out professionally and to Company Standards.
* To arrange sub-contract letting meetings, evaluate decisions/agreements/risks in financial terms and advise and/or make recommendations to the Senior Quantity Surveyor / Commercial Manager
* To obtain/check analyse sub-contract quotations. Advise and/or make recommendations to the Senior Quantity Surveyor / Commercial Manager.
* To prepare sub-contract orders and issue for approval.
* To evaluate work executed by sub-contractors and certify interim and final payments.
* To identify, record and evaluate variations to main and sub-contract works and agree
* To receive contract documents, warranties, bonds and the like, check for conformity with tender documents highlight and/or eradicate anomalies and pass on to the Senior Quantity Surveyor/ Commercial Manager.
* To liaise with the Senior Quantity Surveyor / Commercial Manager and produce value cash flow schedules and continually update to reflect anticipated interim valuations and final account.
* To prepare, submit and agree interim applications for payment. Monitor and expedite progress of certification and payment and advise the Senior Quantity Surveyor / Commercial Manager of any issues. Collect payments by due dates.
* To prepare monthly contract reports in accordance with Company policy.
* To liaise with the Senior Quantity Surveyor / Commercial Manager on contractual matters and advise on notices and the like as required under main and sub-contracts.
* To help with and agree duties and responsibilities regarding the notification, preparation and submission of all contractual claims and or defences to incoming claims. Co-ordinate the assembly of all necessary records, documents and the like.
* Ensure consistent and accurate record keeping is maintained on site.
* Co Operate with the Estimating Process and provide information on out turn costs and Sub Contract evaluation details.
* Assisting with the provision of cost data for use in cost forecasts and financial reports, produced on a monthly basis.
A job description is not an exhaustive list of every activity a job holder may be required to undertake from time to time the job holder may be required to carry out duties of a similar nature and/or level but which are not detailed here.
* Two to four years assistant quantity surveying experience.
* Qualified, ideally, to professional level but a minimum qualification of HNC.
* An understanding of contracts with knowledge of some of the standard and sub- contract forms and other contract documentation.
* Be a good team player and be interested in the whole construction process.
* Working towards professional qualifications.