Senior Safety Engineer / Saudi ArabiaClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
|Duration:||Permanent - 1 year|
Provides professional advice and technical expertise in identifying and resolving safety issues. Performs a range of safety activities to monitor compliance with safety requirements and support enhanced safety performance and the development of HSE reports.
* Execute site visits to audit and contractor personnel compliance with the safety action plans and monitoring points.
* Perform the day-to-day execution of safety parameters in order to increase refinery profit, enhance plant reliability/integrity, and promote safety & compliance to environmental standards.
* Assist in the development and implementation of Safety Management system.
* Provide professional safety engineering advice and technical expertise to support development and optimization of safety policy procedures and programs.
* Initiate and monitor Safety Performance Improvement activity plans and oversee individual and group performance.
* Ensure compliance with safety requirements and regulations and all relevant legislation and statutory requirements.
* Review contractors Safety MS documentation to ensure it complies with requirements.
* Collate and validate HSE data for superintendent review to support development of HSE reports.
* Administer non-conformance, incident investigation and follow-up, lessons learnt and knowledge management processes.
* Coordinate and facilitate the monthly RMC site visit and record arising HSE issues to support development of the RMC (HSE) visit report.
* Coordinate safety communications and events planning.
* Ensure the timely identification of safety hazards, evaluation of risks for all activities and development of effective tools to manage and reduce risks.
* Ensure that crisis & emergency response plans and procedures are developed and maintained.
* Monitor execution of safety training program to support safety competence of own staff and contractor personnel.
* Support the development of a value centred, positive culture, focused on safety excellence.
* Participate in incident control duties during major accident emergencies or drills.
* Ensure safety audit process and plan is developed and implemented.
* Provide contingency drawdown analysis for safety measures.
* Perform other job-related duties as assigned by the direct supervisor.
Qualifications & Experience
? B.Sc. in Safety Engineering or equivalent.
? Minimum of 15 years of safety operational experience in Refinery and/or petrochemical industry
? Certified OSHA/NEBOSH