Contract: Internal Control Analyst SOX / FranceClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
|Location:||Paris, Île-de-France, France|
|Duration:||Contract - 6 months|
Internal Control analyst supports Internal Control manager to maintain an effective internal control environment, to identify areas of risks, to promote recommendations on controls. The jobholder ensures compliance with SOX requirements, particularly for manual controls, IT general controls, application controls, and information produced by entity (IPE). Additional duties include providing support and assistance across the affiliate with company management system, risk management process, delegation of authorities, monitoring audit recommendations, and any other tasks requested by management.
Internal Control Framework:
* Ensures the consistency and adequacy of Affiliate's internal control framework with the requirements of E&P.
* Participates in the implementation of the SOX provisions within the Affiliate.
* Performs the coordination and assessment of the answers to Entity Level Controls (ELC) questionnaire. Coordinates the planning, execution and reporting to Head Office of SOX control self-assessments.
* Coordinates and validates results of SOX Activity Level Controls (ALC) testing campaigns. Ensures that supporting documents of ALC tests are relevant and sufficient.
* Evaluates and resolves identified control deficiencies (non-compliance), including working directly with control owners on remediation efforts.
* Provides support to the users of SOX tools.
* Participates in the design and implementation of Governance, Risk and Compliance (GRC) in ERP system. Ensures its compliance with E&P rules and policies. Solves any issues related to GRC (for example, segregation of duties conflicts in GRC module) by working with IT and E&P HQ Internal Control group.
* Creates and maintains end-to end process documents around internal controls in the affiliate. Supports to improve control processes and procedures.
* Raises awareness and promotes the culture of Internal Control within the Affiliate.
Company Management System (CMS)
* Coordinate with Internal Control Manager the administration of the Company Management System and ensures that standards comply with local and international regulations, and E&P standards.
* Contributes to the development and update of the CMS.
Audit recommendations follow-up
* Follows-up plan for corrective actions agreed with responsible parties to ensure the proper implementation of the audit recommendations.
* Ensure permanent improvement of the Internal Control system, taking into consideration conclusions of Audits.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
* University graduation in Accounting / Finance / Economics, Certified Accountant, Certified Internal Auditor or other professional certification
* Experience/Specific Knowledge:
o 6/7+ years' of professional experience in SOX or other internal control standards, internal and/or external audit, risk management. Good understanding of business and operational processes. Knowledge of applicable regulatory requirements and accounting procedures.
o Proficient in Microsoft office.
* Personal skills
o Fluent in English - a plus would be French/Portuguese.
o Enhanced oral and written communication skills.
o Ability to perform multiple tasks against deadlines.