Contract: Materials and Logistics Manager / ScotlandClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
|Duration:||Contract - 12 months|
> To design and implement a class-leading logistics strategy for the UK Business Unit for the movement of personnel and materials to and from work locations.
> To lead a team of direct reports in delivering and optimising the strategy.
> To work with all stakeholders in constantly challenging and improving the logistics and materials delivery in all aspects including HSE, cost and efficiency.
1.Optimise logistics and material service offering in terms of :
* Infrastructure utilised and location(s)
* Assets deployed
* Contractors employed
* Aviation - flight schedules, supporting offshore operations at lowest total cost
* Marine - fleet mix (fixed and spot vessels), sailing frequency and routing, and sharing
* Supply Base - location, operating method, lowest cost per tonne
* Inventory - appropriate stocking policies, disposal and verification
* HMRC - cost effective compliance
2. Management of team accountable for :
* Maintenance management systems including MAXIMO.
* Stock materials, traceability and all necessary certification and documentation.
* Inventory management, checking and record keeping;
* Material coding and stock control
* Incorporation into materials management systems of capital equipment and spares delivered as part of a project.
* Management of excess stock from Capital projects into inventory as required.
* Management of materials and equipment stored at third party facilities.
* Cost effective management of storage facilities.
* Management of materials' customs status and documentation in accordance with current HMRC regulations
* Assistance with accurate transfer of stock materials between assets as required.
* Management and tracking of rental equipment.
* Disposal of excess/redundant equipment and materials.
* Articulation of material and logistics management philosophies, procedure and process.
* Ensuring the correct level of safety and quality is achieved by working in conjunction with the HSESQ function.
3. To manage performance of primary logistics contractors (aviation, marine and supply base) in terms of delivery, HSE, cost management, integration with operations, innovation and collaboration.
4. To take ownership of logistics costs and assist budget holders in accurately forecasting and optimising expenditure.
5. Be recognised as a Subject Matter Expert in all aspects of Logistics & Materials management.
> To anticipate issues that might affect efficient operations and implement appropriate corrective actions.
> Educate the Business Unit and all stakeholders in the opportunities presented by effective logistics and materials management;
> Enroll all stakeholders in supporting and optimising the strategy;
> Identifying and overcoming impediments to an optimum logistics solution
> Establishing an effective logistics strategy that can accommodate asset disposal / additions with minimal disruption;
> Fostering collaboration amongst assets in utilisation of logistics assets;
> Building relationships with other operating and contracting companies to collaborate on services wherever economically advantageous;
> Exploiting any industry initiatives which present opportunities for
> Develop a sound material management philosophy
> Develop and maintain good relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
> Significant experience in managing analogous materials and logistics for an operational organisation (preferably an Oil and Gas Operator or major service Contractor)
> Experience of leading and managing teams
> Knowledge (e.g. systems, software, procedures, regulations):
> Appropriate knowledge of the UKCS Oil & Gas sector, and custom and practice in logistics matters
> Fully conversant in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project, and preferably MAXIMO
Desirable Skills / Qualifications:
> Educated to Degree level in relevant subject or equivalent.
> Ideally a member of the Institute of Logistics and Transport and/or,
> Member of the Chartered institute of Purchasing and Supply, and/or other appropriate professional body.
> Alternatively relevant industry experience.