Contract: Heavy Duty Mechanic Supervisor / CanadaClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
|Duration:||Contract - 1 year|
* Ensure that you and your fellow workers work in the manner and with the protective devices, measures and procedures required by the Occupational Health and Safety Act and the Regulations of this company.
* Ensure all hazards are reported in accordance with relevant procedures and appropriate remedial actions implemented in a timely manner.
* Work with Planning for the required corrective and preventive maintenance to ensure availability of parts, tools, equipment, service and resources.
* Organize and implement work schedules to maximize utilization of personnel and downtime
* Contact warehouse for parts status, parts check and to acquire material for planned work, receive required material and return repairable items
* Ensure trades specific parts and daily consumables are in stock and readily available as per list for designated areas.
* Complete and distribute all necessary maintenance work orders based on priority
* Monitor the daily, weekly plan for progress, make necessary adjustments.
* Assist and coach maintenance team in completing all scheduled maintenance activities and implementing planned maintenance activities following the corrective and preventive maintenance process.
* Line up daily activities to ensure efficient utilization of personnel, equipment, material and resources.
* Coordinate field repairs with Field Mechanics.
* Coordinate the utilization of equipment between maintenance and operations
* Perform maintenance repairs.
* Daily shift logs to be completed for the Underground PM shop.
* When no leader is available the opposing leader from the same crew must visit the shop to ensure work is progressing as per weekly plan.
* Perform physical inspections to determine if work meets company standards.
* Assist in trouble shooting any technical or problems relating to equipment
* Track completion of maintenance work orders and complete the appropriate paperwork
* Coordinate the return all unused parts to proper location for restocking, this includes cleaning, washing and proper warehouse identification
* Assist in developing the technical abilities of the apprentices.
* Ensure completion of all scheduled maintenance PM's as outlined through the work order process for each piece of equipment.
* Organize the parts required for the PM service either by stock items or direct charge
* Organize required paperwork, such as directions, inspections, safety items and showstoppers to be performed by the tradesman.
* Complete all maintenance requirements in regard to the expectations of the Continuous Improvement initiatives
* Make suggested improvements and or recommendations to the process
* Must hold a Journeyman's certificate or have Red Seal.
* Completion of college / vocational or technical training.
* Appropriate credentials and certifications.
* A minimum of 10 years' experience as a Heavy-Duty Mechanic, Light Vehicle Mechanic, or Shop Foreman
* Possess a valid driver's license.
* Proven mechanical abilities in hydraulics and electrical, including schematics and diagnostics.
* Experience with routine maintenance operations.
* Highly flexible, with solid interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse working environment.
* The ability to complete Vehicle Inspections within a licensed facility
* Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
* Able to work well under pressure.
* Strong attention to detail.
* Able to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times.
* Knowledge of inventory control and inventory systems for parts management