Contract: Head of Pipelines (Subsea) / QatarClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
|Duration:||Contract - 3 years|
*Head of Pipelines is responsible for the delivery of all aspects of Pipelines (i.e. Intrafield and Export Routing (including Near-Shore and Onshore), Risers, Crossings, Subsea Cable Routing/Installation, etc.) design and equipment technical and execution definition, selection, and design, including planning for Detailed Design, Procurement, Installation, and Testing / Commissioning. Ensures that related technical requirements (e.g. project specifications, data sheets, etc.) developed during EPCL fully comply with project requirements.
Reporting and Relationships * Reports to Engineering Manager
*2 direct reports (direct hires and/or contract manpower)
Job Context & Major Challenge(s)
* Technical evaluation of multiple EPC tenders for large, capital project, ensuring that Tenders are compliant, technically qualified, and consistent with project requirements.
* Effective stewardship of EPC contract, ensuring EPC contractor delivers Pipelines in accordance with project requirements, from contract award until delivery of Detailed Engineering Dossier and/or assignment of LLI to EPC contractor(s).
* Risk based evaluation of complex technical issues that may have significant commercial impacts to overall project execution.
* Supervision of Pipelines team ensuring delivery of technical input in accordance with project requirements while per plan.
* Maintaining relationships with stakeholders (e.g. Operations, SEQ) to ensure alignment on overall delivery of the Pipelines.
* Maintaining constructive and positive working relationship with EPC contractor to ensure delivery of Engineering per plan and inaccordance with project requirements.
Safety Health & Environment
* Ensure all activities are undertaken in compliance with Company Safety, Health and Environment and Quality policies, regulations and standards.
* Contribute to the development of Qatari employees. This accountability is a condition of employment for expatriate employees.
Key Job Accountabilities
1. Provides Pipelines engineering expertise while supervising Pipelines team.
2. Maintains close liaison with Engineering Manager and PMT counterparts and gains alignment on Pipelines engineering needs, objectives, and requirements.
3. Owns the preparation and stewardship of Pipelines scope of work in contract and drives design alternative studies, as required, to optimize project cost and schedule.
4. Responsible for maintaining technical alignment with Client Operations.
5. Provides Pipelines engineering data (narrative, charts, graphs, etc.) for the monthly progress reporting and stewardship.
6. Ensures quality assurance and production timing of the Pipelines engineering deliverables is in accordance with the approved project execution schedule.
7. Manages the timely delivery of technical attachments and scope description to all Pipelines-related purchase orders and owns the Pipelines-related technical attachments and scope description to all fabrication and construction contracts.
8. Manages Pipelines engineering design in accordance with the project's change management program.
9. Responsible for being knowledgeable of lessons learned from previous projects with the same contractor and capturing and communicating Pipelines engineering and design lessons learned for the current project.
10. Assesses contractor capability and ensures Pipelines engineering or other technical support is available to address gaps
11. Owns the Pipelines engineering schedule and critical milestones (LLI procurement, engineered equipment procurement; ROS dates, etc); develops and stewards recovery plans to address any schedule delays.
12. Stewards the EPC contractor's Pipelines-related activities with respect to Pipelines engineering execution
* Proactively and continuously grow technical expertise in Facilities engineering disciplines
* Strong leadership, influencing, and interpersonal skills
* Strong organizational, coordination, planning, and interface skills
* Excellent communication skills and ability to read, write, and speak fluent English
* Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of software programs, Lotus Notes, etc.
* Willing and able to travel as required
* Broad knowledge of design requirements of Pipelines engineering groups and disciplines*
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
* Broad and extensive knowledge of:
o Design standards, specifications, codes, and appropriate safety criteria
o Subsea pipelines, Offshore facilities and structures design, construction, and operations
o Engineering administration
* Bachelors or Masters Degree in an engineering discipline
* 10-15 years of closely related professional experience, 5+ years of which should be at the senior project engineering / engineering supervision level with overall responsibility for engineering execution
Knowledge and/or Experience