Contract: Light Vehicle Mechanic / CanadaClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
|Duration:||Contract - 1 year|
* Ensure that you and your fellow workers work in the manner and with the protective devices, measures and procedures required by the Occupational Health and Safety Act and the Regulations of this company.
* Ensure all hazards are reported in accordance with relevant procedures and appropriate remedial actions implemented in a timely manner.
* Work with Planning, Supervisor, and Shop Leaders for the required corrective and preventive maintenance to ensure availability of parts, tools, equipment, service and resources.
* Coordinate field PM's or vehicle retrieval with Field Mechanics.
* Coordinate the utilization of equipment between maintenance and operations
* Perform maintenance repairs.
* Daily shift logs to be completed for the Underground shop.
* Perform physical inspections to determine if work meets company standards.
* Assist in trouble shooting any technical or problems relating to equipment
* Completion of maintenance work orders and complete the appropriate paperwork
* Return all unused parts to proper location for restocking, this includes cleaning, washing and proper warehouse identification
* Assist in developing the technical abilities of the apprentices.
* Utilize the provided parts required for the PM service either by stock items or direct charge
* Document the paperwork, such as directions, Work Orders, PM's, inspections, safety items and showstoppers that was performed.
* Complete all maintenance requirements regarding the expectations of the Continuous Improvement initiatives
* Make suggested improvements and or recommendations to the process.
Selection Criteria - Knowledge, Skills, Experience, Qualifications
* Must hold a Journeyman's certificate or have Red Seal.
* Completion of college / vocational or technical training.
* Appropriate credentials and certifications.
* A minimum of 3 years' experience as a Light-Vehicle Mechanic
* Possess a valid driver's license.
* Proven mechanical abilities in hydraulics and electrical, including schematics and diagnostics.
* Experience with routine maintenance operations on light vehicles, such as Miller or Toyota Trucks, Tractors; Kubota's would be an asset
* Highly flexible, with solid interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse working environment.
* The ability to complete Vehicle Inspections within a licensed facility
* Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
* Able to work well under pressure.
* Strong attention to detail.
* Able to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally always.
* Knowledge of inventory control and inventory systems for parts management