Instrument Engineer / USAClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
|Location:||Freeport, Texas, USA|
|Duration:||Permanent - direct hire|
Work Location: Freeport, TX
Freeport area as required. Occasional travel to vendor facilities or engineering offices may be required. This position requires the incumbent to hold a valid, unexpired driver license at all times in order to perform the essential functions of the job.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
* Lead design and specification of new instrumentation; assists inspection and testing.
* Supports the Engineering Team in the execution of Capital Expenditure Projects
* Supports Maintenance with communication with OEMs, including developing and maintaining various customer service agreements.
* Uses sound engineering practices, plant standards and specifications, ensuring that documentation for the Instrumentation Systems are maintained properly. Responsible for the development of documentation standards including updates to the maintenance, reliability and unit operating manuals.
* Participates in the Management of Change process.
* Participates in HazOps, HazIDs, and Risk Assessments as required.
* Develops Key Performance Indicators (KPI) with the emphasis on monitoring and analysis for Instrumentation systems for increased efficiency and reduced downtime between scheduled PMs and planned outages.
* Provides technical support, troubleshooting, and provide assistance in planning and coordinating work for the Maintenance Department. Works with maintenance and production on reliability issues when they occur; have vision and ability to create quality solutions for any problems.
* Responsible for analyzing work order repairs and failure data, pulling data for continuous improvement activities, meeting improvement milestones, developing performance trends, and monitoring for improvement.
* Responsible for conducting RCFA on equipment failures to eliminate or mitigate consequences.
* Serves as a subject matter expert on Instrumentation Systems engineering issues (not limited to risk engineering, system integrity and applicability to specifications, philosophies and standards) and assist the support groups (Instrumentation & Control Systems Maintenance Supervision and Technicians). Understand and interpret codes, standards and regulations that are equipment related.
* Develops proposals for plant improvements including design basis and preliminary estimates and budgets for capital projects.
* Develops working relationships with other department personnel within the plant in order to seek out opportunities that will add value to each job completed.
* Responsible for evaluating the work flow process, identification of critical spares, spare parts storage and preservation requirements for Instrumentation Systems.
* Accountable for ensuring the safety, security, health and environmental incidents are prevented through frequent job observations and assessments. Responsible for developing or collecting information in support of permit requirements as assigned.
1. Bachelors degree in Engineering required. Master's degree in Engineering preferred.
2. Professional Engineering (PE) License
1. Seven (7) years of experience with Instrumentation Systems in a process industry setting in engineering or operations, depending on type of experience. Recent experience with LNG is preferred, however, NGL, cryogenic / natural gas processing, petrochemical, or other hydrocarbon processing experience may be acceptable.
2. Knowledge of Honeywell EPKS Distributed Control Systems
3. Knowledge of natural gas & LNG Quality and Quantity Measurement Systems
* Strong technical leadership and administrative abilities are required.
* An acute sensitivity to personnel and process safety issues in a hazardous / hydrocarbon processing environment.
* Exceptional problem solving and analytical skills.
* Knowledge of RCA tools for conducting failure analysis.
* Exceptional written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
* Ability to communicate effectively at all levels of an organization and with individuals and groups from different disciplines, industries and governmental agencies.
* Able to work with a culturally diverse group of technical individuals whose skills cover the range required to engineer, operate and maintain the LNG production facilities.
* Possess the personality and ability to relate to and to establish a mutually respectful relationship with management, peers and various level facility workers (including General Manager, plant supervision, other discipline engineers, and O&M staff), all of whom are all responsible for ensuring safe, reliable, and efficient operations.
* Well organized, with effective planning skills; able to manage multiple activities and programs in a timely fashion and with a high degree of accuracy; able to meet work deadlines.
* Computer literate including Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, Access, Project and PowerPoint.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance (required)
* Transportation Worker Identification Card (current or ability to obtain one)
HS&E Roles and Responsibilities
Support the policies, efforts, and programs of Freeport LNG HS&E Management System, including implementation of Process Safety Management.