Sr. Mechanical Engineer / USAClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
|Location:||Freeport, Texas, USA|
The Senior Mechanical Engineer reports directly to the Engineering Manager and supervises a small team of engineers within the Operations team, as well as serving as the technical lead for mechanical engineering issues. Responsibilities will include technical oversight and monitoring of all critical mechanical assets in the operating facilities, both fixed and rotating. Provides advanced troubleshooting techniques where required and leads Root Cause Failure Analysis (RCFA) on mechanical incidents or systems needing repairs. The Senior Mechanical Engineer will develop and help administer inspection & preventative maintenance programs for rotating and fixed equipment and will be an integral part of the predictive and preventative maintenance and troubleshooting of all rotating equipment. The Senior Mechanical Engineer will also be responsible for capturing lessons learned from all mechanical equipment issues and applying these lessons forward to existing and new assets.
They should be familiar with:
* Centrifugal compressors
* Gas Turbine Drivers
* Pumps, reciprocating compressors, and other rotating equipment
* Pressure vessels, columns, heat exchangers and air cooled heat exchangers.
* Fired Heaters
* Auxiliary Equipment; Air Compressors, Lubricating Oil Systems, etc.
* ASME B31.8 and B31.3 piping codes
* PHMSA Part 192
* Cathodic Protection systems
* Familiar with other API, ASME, NFPA, and DOT codes and standards is a plus.
* Familiar with general rotating and fixed equipment inspection and vibration analysis.
* Familiar with maintenance management principles including predicative and preventive maintenance.
* Knowledge of Bently Nevada System 1, PI Process Book, and SCADA.
* Knowledge of Maximo or other work scheduling/tracking software.
* Supervise a small team of engineers (Mechanical and Reliability) and provide mentoring and coaching.
* Oversee design, specification and selection of new or replacement mechanical equipment; including inspection and testing.
* Oversee resolution of mechanical design, reliaiblity & warranty issues found post startup
* Supports the Engineering Team in the execution of Capital Expenditure Projects; assist Project Engineering on mechanical design and installation issues.
* Serves as a subject matter expert on mechanical systems engineering issues (not limited to risk engineering, system integrity and applicable specifications, philosophies and standards) and assists support groups (Maintenance Supervisors and Technicians). Understand and interpret codes, standards and regulations that are equipment related.
* Work closely with Operations & Maintenace on optimization and troubleshooting of rotating and fixed equipment.
* Review/design and deploy maintenance programs for rotating and fixed equipment, including specifying maintenance practices, procedures, test equipment, and frequencies.
* Work closely with OEMs to ensure current mechanical work practices are effective and improving reliability. Supports Maintenance with communication with OEMs, including developing and maintaining various customer service agreements.
* Leads RCFA on mechanical incidents, reliability issues or systems needing repairs.
* Assists with turnaround planning and successful execution.
* Participates in the Management of Change process.
* Participates in HazOps, HazIDs, and Risk Assessments as required.
* Provide support to Operations and Maintenance personnel to ensure facilities operate safely, efficiently and with high mechanical reliability.
* Oversee processes to track, trend, and report performance and reliability data of rotating and fixed equipment to ensure all facilities are maintained and operated within allowable OEM tolerances and achieve high reliability and availability.
* Develops Key Performance Indicators (KPI) with the emphasis on monitoring and analysis for rotating & fixed equipment systems for increased efficiency and reduced downtime between scheduled PMs and planned outages.
* Uses sound engineering practices, plant standards and specifications, to ensure that documentation for the mechanical systems is maintained properly. Responsible for the development of documentation standards including updates to the maintenance, reliability and unit operating manuals.
* Review and evaluate new technology and report findings for potential inclusion on existing facilities and future projects.
* Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical, Industrial, or Chemical Engineering (Required)
* Master's Degree in Mechanical Engineering (Preferred)
* Professional Engineering License (Preferred)
* 10 years' experience in a process industry setting in mechanical equipment engineering, operations or maintenance. Experience with LNG, NGL, cryogenic / natural gas processing, petrochemical, or other hydrocarbon processing facilities
* Transportation Worker Identification Card (current or ability to obtain one)