Contract: Head of Process / QatarClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
|Duration:||Contract - 24 months|
*TheHead of Process Engineering is responsible for the delivery of all aspects of Process (including Brownfield tie-in design verification / validation) design and equipment technical and execution definition, selection, and design, including planning for Detailed Design, Procurement, Installation, and Testing / Commissioning. Ensures that technical requirements (e.g. project specifications, data sheets, etc.) developed during FEED fully comply with project requirements. Effectively collaborates and interfaces with Company and Contractor engineers and Operations personnel (as required) to ensure that the Topsides scope of supply is fully integrated and optimized. The Process design considers the full production life cycle of the Topsides as well as Flow Assurance activites for the intrafield pipelienes.
Provides oversight of the Process team as well as EPC Contractor's, and, as required, commodity supplier's production of associated deliverables within project budget and schedule.
Reports to Engineering Manager
* Approximately 3-4 direct reports (direct hires and contract manpower)
Job Context & Major Challenge(s)
* Ensuring optimal delivery of Process and Surveillance engineering deliverables related to Topsides, with much of the work involving close collaboration with Contractor.
* Effective stewardship of EPC contract, ensuring EPC contractor delivers Process design in accordance with project requirements,
* Risk based evaluation of complex technical issues that may have significant commercial impacts to overall project execution.
Key Job Accountabilities and Responsibilites
1. Provides Process engineering leadership and expertise while supervising and administering Process team.
2. Maintains close liaison with appropriate members of Engineering Team (EIT / Site Engineering, Offshore Structures, and Pipelines) and gains alignment with the Engineering Manager on project engineering needs, objectives, and requirements.
3. Owns the preparation and stewardship of Process engineering scope of work in contract and recommends design alternative studies, as required, to optimize project cost and schedule.
4. Accountable for maintaining technical alignment with Operations.
5. Provides Process engineering data (narrative, charts, graphs, etc.) for the monthly progress reporting and stewardship.
6. Leads the Masters Deliverables Regiser (MDR) including creation and approval and owns the planning and scheduling of the Process deliverables to enable efficient project execution.
7. Ensures quality assurance and production timing of the Process engineering deliverables is in accordance with the approved project execution schedule.
8. Leads the timely delivery of technical attachments and Process scope description to all purchase orders and owns the technical attachments and scope description to all Topsides fabrication and construction contracts.
9. Leads the timely delivery of technical deliverabls related to Flow Assurance activites for intrafield pipelines and works closely with EPC Pipeline project team.
10. Leads Process engineering design in accordance with the project's change management program.
11. General understanding of mechanical equipment and piping disciplines. Ability to work closely with multidisciplinary teams.
12. Accountable for being knowledgeable of lessons learned from previous projects with the same contractor and capturing and communicating Process engineering and design lessons learned for the current project.
13. Assesses contractor capability and recommends additional technical support to address gaps
14. Responsible for the Process engineering schedule and related milestones; recommends and supports recovery plans to address any schedule delays.
15. Supports the EPC Contractor's activities with respect to Process engineering execution including:* Validates all affected parties are familiar with Process engineering execution plans, procedures, objectives, and overall job requirements.16. Advise the EPC Contractor's Process engineering and design organization
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
* Broad and extensive knowledge of:
o Design standards, specifications, codes, and appropriate safety criteria
o Offshore facilities design, construction, and operations
o Engineering execution
* Bachelors or Masters Degree in Chemical/Process engineering discipline
* 15+ years of closely related professional experience, 10+ years of which should be at the senior Facilities / Process engineering / engineering supervision level