Contract: Project Manager - Asset Delivery / AustraliaClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
|Duration:||Contract - 4 months|
The client are looking to engage a contractor for 4 months to project manage capital projects to create new engineering assets that satisfy the operational objectives of stakeholders and are on time, to budget, and within technical and OSH, Environmental and Quality standards. Work with support from line management on multiple projects and engage with internal and external stakeholders and customers.
The core accountabilities of the position include:
- Lead multi- functional project teams through the Asset Acquisition Process and coordinate the scoping, design, construction, commissioning, handover and the close out of projects; ensuring lessons learnt are incorporated into the delivery of projects.
- Execute the project in accordance with the Branch's Project Management Procedures and OSH, Environmental and Quality Management Systems.
- Monitor, control, review and forecast project outcomes including time, cost and quality.
- Negotiate and establish contracts to procure services, equipment and works to achieve project objectives.
- Coordinate the preparation of bid ready documents for projects and ensure all technical and commercial aspects are satisfactorily addressed.
- Ensure health, safety, environmental and quality risks are identified and assessed for significance in all aspects of the project and that controls are implemented and monitored throughout the project.
- Attend site meetings with contractors and ensure OSH, environmental and quality policies and procedures are communicated, understood and followed.
- Regularly inspect construction sites and report variances on OSH, environmental and quality compliance with approved Management Plans.
- Comply with relevant legislation, regulatory requirements, corporate policy and ethical standards.
Our Client is a leading Government owned utilities company with assets across Western Australia. Their main objective is to provide sustainable management across various services.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
- Tertiary qualification in a relevant engineering or technical discipline and/or project management
- Substantial experience in a similar role
- Leadership, project and team management skills and experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Able to build effective working relationships with peers and stakeholders